KH
Posted By
Keith_Hodges
May 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need a photo editing program that is very easy to use. I do’nt care about all the fine arts of photography.
I need some that says enlarge if thats what I want to do. I have had this program for four monts and have not acomplished a thing. Please help!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mark_Reibman
May 31, 2004
Keith,

What would you like to accomplish with photo editing? Just cropping your photos?

Have you tried any books and if not, are you interested in doing a little work to learn a few basic skills?

For just basic editing, this program is very easy. You may just need a little help in locating the basic tools. Tell us what you want to do and perhaps we can offer a little guidance.

One step at a time…it’s easy.
J
JPWhite
May 31, 2004
I need a photo editing program that is very easy to use.

It doesn’t get much simpler for basic photo editing than Elements. That’s what you’ve got right? Or do you have Photoshop 7.0 or CS?

Most basic things can be done using the quick fix dialogs. Visit the following Adobe website for instruction on how to use it. < http://www.adobe.com/digitalimag/tips/phsel2quickfix/main.ht ml>

If you still want something more basic do you have Microsoft Editor installed on your system? If you have a copy of Microsoft Office you will find Photo Editor under microsoft office tools.

I don’t care about all the fine arts of photography.

That’s a shame, most of us here do. Once you get past your initial stumbling blocks, you’ll soon realize what great things you can do with just a little effort using Elements.

I need some that says enlarge if thats what I want to do.

One button computing isn’t quite there yet, I don’t recall a program that offers a simple enlargement feature you seek. Images can be blown up very easily by choosing ‘fit to page’ at printing time but this gives you little control over actual dimensions.

I have had this program for four monts and have not accomplished a thing.

The big mistake you made was not to ask for help sooner! I hope you overcome your frustration soon. There are plenty of friendly folks here that will help you. You won’t find as much friendly assistance for other imaging editing tools elsewhere, so stick with it!

JP
K
kateri
May 31, 2004
I wouldn’t be surprised if, like me, Keith, you are also experiencing a vacuum in terms of actually meeting others in your geographical area who are in the same boat or have some knowledge and are willing and able to share with you via meetings.

Mark and others, I am convinced this program is what I need (I also purchased Photoshop Album 2.0) but am one of those people who has gotten books only to have again faced the need of some personal interaction.

For me, combining the two would be the enabling process I’d need to get to that comfortable level of being able to relate to books and Internet resources, such as this, AND even begin to help other beginners, particularly those wishing to remain amateurs. To my surprise, City College Cont Edc program isn’t geared that way either.

I really wish that there were some kind of "Adobe Clubs", including those open to ordinary folks. (This is an idea and a plea not a put down.)

Hang in there, Keith.
Thanks everyone.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 31, 2004
Best way to learn how to use Elements is to start off with a tutorial and there are many on the internet then when you get stuck or don’t understand something … ask lots of questions here.

There is always someone around and you will get all the help you need.

This was the way I started … and within a short time I was up and running 🙂

Wendy
CS
Chuck_Snyder
May 31, 2004
and Wendy, you might add "running VERY well!"
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 31, 2004
Chuck,

Why thank you … but if I hadn’t have found this forum I think I would have given up. 🙂

Wendy
KH
Keith_Hodges
May 31, 2004
I have switched to macs & trying to learn a new program is just to much for me to handle. Some people may acualy enjoy this as a hobbie. I just want to have nice photos. I know this must sound like I lack self confidence but I’m not the smartest person out there.
MR
Mark_Reibman
May 31, 2004
Keith,

Have you tried using iPhoto that comes with Mac? You can do all your cropping and brightness/contrast adjustment within that program. That’s all I used for the first year before I jumped into Photoshop Elements.

For me, having contrast/brightness adjustment seemed miraculous after not using anything.

You haven’t really told us what editing you want to do.
KH
Keith_Hodges
May 31, 2004
How do you expand the photo so you can edit it?
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 31, 2004
Keith

How large are the images you want to edit? Elements opens an image to fit the window on screen, not the real size of the image. On the left the top bar of you image window is the file name followed by a @ and then a Percentage and lastly what form you are in, often RGB. If you want to see your image at other sizes right click your mouse button while over the image and select the sizing you want from the popup.

If you want to increase the actual size of the image go to the top menu and select in order > Image > Resize > Image Size a popup will offer you many options for changing the size of your image. When you are finished you will note that the sizing in the top left of your image’s window bar has changed.

Grant

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections