JS
Posted By
J_Spitz
May 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello. I am a longtime and comfortable user of LE and now need to get a new program (sigh)

I use LE mostly for minor cropping and re-sizing, contrast adjustments, and cutting-out for GIFs and etc, nothing fancy.

How easy is it, what is the -learning curve- to go from LE to Elements? A

Are the buttons/fuctions like the ‘magnetic lasso’ I use to cut and paste with, the type tool, export as GIF etc pretty similar in the 2 products or will I pull my hair out when I get Elements?

I will be using XP Home.

Many thanks for any advice.

Joe

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CW
Carl_Wegner
May 31, 2004
Joe,

Yes, very easy, I did just that long ago. I don’t do gif, but most if not all the tools are same or better. As I recall the main missing tool is curves, but PSE’s fill flash & backlighting adjustments cover major uses of curves.

BTW, I got Photoshop 7 at work a while back and that transition from PSE is also very easy. Each package has some different specialty tools missing from the others, but most of the tools are the same and work the same. That was my hope when I first learned LE, that I my learning curve time would not be wasted if I moved up. Its true.

Carl
LK
Leen_Koper
May 31, 2004
Joe, Carl is right. I followed the same track, nevertheless sometimes I go back to LE to apply the curves, save the image and continue in Elements.
I will be moving to CS too, but will stay on this forum as here you will be able to find the nicest and most helpful people.

Leen
A
AndrewLee
Jun 3, 2004
Hi, I’m new to this forum. Yes, it is quite easy to switch from LE to Elements if you spend a little time trying things out as I also did a month ago (why not download the tryout version). I loved LE for its speed, but I ditched it because it lack colour management and Perspective cropping. It has a lovely file browser to boot (I use Win98). Hope this helps.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections