LA
Posted By
Luis_Aveleyra
May 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open an image in PSE2 to work on it, it opens in the center of the screen. Is there any way I can move the image to one side or up/down on the screen?

Thanks

-luis

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RR
Raymond Robillard
May 29, 2004
Luis,

Just grab the window title bar and move it where you’d like to be. Also, considering removing the checkmark in the Preferences for always opening pictures in the center of the screen :

On Windows, it’s Edit / Prefences / General / Center Documents Window (end of the second column of options).

On a Mac, it’s Photoshop Elements / Prefences / General / Center Documents Window (end of the second column of options).

Ray
LA
Luis_Aveleyra
May 29, 2004
Thanks Ray, but…

What I do after opening the image (image then is with title bar), I maximize it (image no longer contains title bar). This way I get the largest possible image size on my screen but, at this point the image seems to be immovable from the center of the screen; very inconvenient when playing with boxes of ‘levels’, ‘layers’, etc.

Also, I did not check ‘always open image in center of screen’ in Preferences, so there was none to be removed.

Am still looking for a way to move the ‘maximized’ image from the center of the screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-luis
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 29, 2004
Luis, grab the corner of the title bar and stretch it out to suit your maximized image. This way you can still move it to where you want on the screen.
JH
Jim_Hess
May 29, 2004
What you are trying to do isn’t going to work. When you maximize the screen that contains your image, that screen is no longer movable, and your image will be centered. Here is an alternative solution that you might consider:

Open the image that you want to work on.
Double-click on the Hand tool. This will make the displayed image as large as possible without "cropping" any of the image. If you want to work with a larger magnification, go ahead and magnify the image within that window. You will see horizontal and vertical scroll bars that will allow you to move around the image. Or you can open the navigation window and use it to move to different parts of your image.

I know this will probably seem a little bit restrictive at first. But after you get a feel for it I think you will find that you have much more control than you do if you maximize the image screen.

Regards,
Jim
LA
Luis_Aveleyra
May 31, 2004
Thanks Jodi, Thanks Jim,

Yeah, your suggests work well. It’ll take a little getting-used-to but not maximizing the image does offer options that were not there before.

-luis

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections