Posted By
Grant_Dixon
May 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ray

I do hope all goes well and no complications, no mater how small, bothering you. Please get well and hurry back and even if you can’t talk just mumble in French and we will try to understand.

Grant

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NS
Nancy_S
May 29, 2004
Ray,

Best wishes for a rapid recovery with a minimum of discomfort. We will miss you but look forward to your smiling return!!

Nancy
JH
Joe_Henry1000
May 29, 2004
Is it already time for that Ray? Hope everything goes smooth with a speedy recovery!

Joe
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 29, 2004
Ray,

I’ve been there, too.

No matter how brave we are we can’t hide from the fear of the unknown. It’s a rough go but when it’s done we’ve crossed another of life’s hurdles and it won’t ever be that bad again.

Looking forward to your return and all your gifts to us.

Be well,

Bob
LK
Leen_Koper
May 29, 2004
Ray, I still remember my fears before undergoing surgery many years ago. I hope, just like with me, everything goes smoothly.
From the other side of the Atlantic I wish you a quick recovery.

Leen
MR
Mark_Reibman
May 29, 2004
All the best for you Ray and a speedy recovery.
CC
cal_cowen
May 29, 2004
Ray , bonne chance and a speedy return to health
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 29, 2004
Ray,

Thinking about you and wishing you a very speedy recovery … won’t be long now before the smile appears 🙂

Hugs from
Wendy
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 29, 2004
Oops.. Sorry, I didn’t see this thread before…

Thanks to everyone for expressing their best wishes. You’ve no idea how "energizing" this can be. I mean, I didn’t until I received so many notes and messages!

Yesterday, at the office, dozens of people passed by my desk to wish me good luck or more, sit and chat a few minutes (bye bye work, I’ve done half of what I have planed!). One has no idea how appreciate he is until these events happen. I mean sure, I go along well with every one on the floor (and the two other ones), but when people tell you things like : "My boss talked about you today at the meeting" or "My friend told me about your surgery and she’s sad you’re leaving because you’re a wonderful presence in her team", I mean, solid as I usually am, I had "another weak moment" 😉

I also had lunch with my supervisor. He said he’s grown accustomed to my presence, he’s going to miss me greatly. He’s hired two consultants to replace me, but already, he said, it’s not the same working with them.

All this to say, I have quite a few reasons to come back, alive and kicking 😉

I’ve set up a small blog (I’ve posted this on the other thread, but just in case)… http://homepage.mac.com/carbmac/blog/Ray_Blog.html

I’ve asked my friend Rick to write to Jodi and Chuck (side note: Chuck, did you get this note ?) to let you know how well it went, during the evening of the surgery.

Because, I’m positive, it will go well!

Thanks again 🙂

Ray
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
May 29, 2004
Ray,
Good luck. Sounds like you’re in good hands. Read your blog – you will be amazed how many calories one can ingest via straws – milk shakes, Ensure, etc.
Ken
ML
Marilyn_Lee
May 29, 2004
Ray – I just finished reading your Blog introduction, and it was absolutely wonderful! — Have you thought of publishing a book after your recuperation time? You could make tons of money with your writing. Your "dental journal" should reside in every dentist’s and orthodontist’s office. It would put the patients in stitches (no pun intended!) You are so talented!! Think about it. Really.

Get well soon! Marilyn
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 29, 2004
I should have sent you something ! I’m a bad friend 🙁

I caught some stupid sinus bug…we all do here but I wont complain…..people like you keep me strong. Take good care Ray. we’ll miss you.
JH
Joe_Henry1000
May 29, 2004
Ray,

Your blog was hilarious! Had me laughing MAO. 🙂 Surgery ain’t fun, I know, I’ve had my share but as long as one keeps his/her sense of humor about it things will work out in the end.

Hang in there!

Joe
CS
Chuck_Snyder
May 29, 2004
Ray, yes I got your note and will be looking forward to receiving a good report from Rick!
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 29, 2004
Glad you all liked it 🙂 I found this exercise a good stress relieving thing to do.

Marylin : You know, you’re the second person to tell me that (about the writing). I’m beginning to think there’s hope for me after all 😉

Seriously, I’m already writing something. Without being pretentious, I’m trying to write a TV series. But, as I’ve learned, before I can even begin to propose it to networks or producers, I need to have at least 3 full years ready (3 x 22 episodes) and enough material to detail the following 2 years in case I’m called to "demo it" in some way. That’s a lot of stuff.

But it’s not a sitcom. My knowledge of English is too limited for that.

Ray
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 29, 2004
Ray,

Your Blog was so good … in parts it made me laugh and in others I just wanted to cry. Like Marilyn said it would make a great book 🙂

Take care … we are all thinking of you.

Wendy
JG
Julio_Guerra
May 30, 2004
Ray
Best Wishes and a very speedy return in good health while you keep a "stiff upper lip". Julio
RS
Robin_Schold
May 30, 2004
Ray!

Hang in there … we’te all thinking of you.

Robin S
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 30, 2004
I updated my blog every day since last Friday, for those who whish to read it:

http://homepage.mac.com/carbmac/blog/Ray_Blog.html#entries

I’ve also uploaded a picture of my future food.. Here’s a link for those who do not wish to read the whole thing :

http://homepage.mac.com/carbmac/blog/CRW_5578.jpg

Enjoy!

Ray

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections