BS
Posted By
Bob_Shirt
May 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone have any experience with/knowledge of a hands-on training session for Photoshop Elements? I’m talking about a classroom environment with an instructor at your shoulder to guide you and answer all of your dumb questions, not an on-line course.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DS
Dick_Smith
May 28, 2004
Bob,

That probably depends on where you live. Try your local Community College Continuing Education division as a start. Although I will say that many folks have found some on-line courses to be very valuable and less expensive than the classroom variety.

Here in Western NOrth Carolina, we have severl Elements classes at the local CC, and if your age qualifies you can take them for free.

Dick
LW
LeRoy Williams
May 29, 2004
Here is Sarasota, FL we have a 10 hour course for adults for $70

wrote in message
Bob,

That probably depends on where you live. Try your local Community College Continuing Education division as a start. Although I will say that many folks have found some on-line courses to be very valuable and less expensive than the classroom variety.

Here in Western NOrth Carolina, we have severl Elements classes at the local CC, and if your age qualifies you can take them for free.
Dick
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 29, 2004
My preferred photo equipment store offers a series of training session on various subjects, including Photoshop Elements. Perhaps you could check your with local stores…

Ray
O
o3v3tz
May 30, 2004
Since a prior post mentioned age qualification, I will add that SeniorNet is a non-profit organization that offers computer courses for people over 50. Most of the SeniorNet locations are in the US and a number of these locations offer a hands-on class in Photoshop Elements.

Barbara
LK
Leen_Koper
May 30, 2004
Not quite an answer about formal education, but most I have learned comes from colleagues within my trade organisation. Probably it might be a good idea to ask on this forum for someone living in your neighbourhood. Often, working together on a problem brings many more solutions and a much better understanding of the techniques than a classroom, provided, of course, one knows the basics of the software.

Extra bonus: eventually this might lead to a nice PSE BBQ. 😉

Leen
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 30, 2004
Bob,

If you can’t find anything locally then why not try some online tutorials … they can be really good. Go to <http://www.arraich.com/elements/psE_intro.htm> scroll down the screen and you will find a lot of useful stuff there … all the basics are covered.

The dumb questions? … well there is always someone on this forum willing to help 🙂

Wendy
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 30, 2004
Leen,

I’ll host the BBQ if you will stop by New Jersey on you’re way to Yellowstone. It’ll help with the jet lag if you spend a day or two on the East Coast. (And I can steel as much advice as I can get!)

🙂

Bob
LK
Leen_Koper
May 30, 2004
Bob, I would attend any meeting of people on this forum on the east coast, preferably in New England in fall. Provided someone will pick me up from the airport. And I will do a free portrait sitting for everyone interested. 😉

Leen
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 30, 2004
Leen,

Unfortunately New Jersey isn’t officially New England but we do get some pretty spectacular Fall foliage. The pick up at the airport is a definite yes (Newark preferred but Kennedy ok. Now if we can just find a forum member in Vermont with a good grill. 🙂

Bob
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 30, 2004
What is green and goes backwards …. Vermont!

I would drive to Vermont for visit with either Leen or Ben and Jerry … in fact both sound good to me.

Grant
JH
Joe_Henry1000
May 30, 2004
What is green and goes backwards …. Vermont! 🙂

Leen, when do you plan on being in Yellowstone?

Joe
JH
Joe_Henry1000
May 30, 2004
What is green and goes backwards …. Vermont!

🙂

Leen, when do you plan on being in Yellowstone?

Joe

EDIT: Oops! Double post…Haven’t done that in a while.
K
kateri
May 30, 2004
Soooo grateful you asked this hands-on elements question, Bob. Barbara, I am definitely going to visit the seniornet site you referred to. Leen, our City Colleges Cont Edc courses offer Photoshop but not Photoshop Elements AND do not offer lab times that have the software with a lab assistant having knowledge of the program. I can’t afford regular Photoshop and don’t think I need it.

Retail companies, such as CompUSA, offer course but they are of shorter duration and more expensive than I would prefer. From my perspective, basic problem of meeting with folks after course would still remain – at least for us non-professionals.

ANYBODY HERE IN CHICAGO willing to meet? I purposefully sunk my limited funds into a laptop so that I might be able to meet with helpful folks. (And have a dream of someday showing own art.) No luck so far. I depend on public transportation within the city and work during the day.
LK
Leen_Koper
May 31, 2004
Yellowstone is in my planning for 2014 when I will be 66 years old. That year I want to do what ‘s left of Route 66 on my bicycle in about 2 months and afterwards visit places in the USa where the famous landscape photographers once worked, like Yellowstone, the Olympic mountains, Grand Tetons etc.

I know it is long term planning, but now I can allready enjoy it without any costs, I have always tailwind and it never rains. 😉

New Yersey is OK with me. Anyone seriously planning? I need to know way in advance as additional bookings for weddings are coming in quite often.
I am not joking. I would love to meet many of you.

Leen
K
kateri
May 31, 2004
It is obvious you are on an incredible journey!
Hope you’ll have a photo web site.

Will be with you in that tail wind …..
JH
Joe_Henry1000
May 31, 2004
Leen,

I guess that’s better than waiting till the last minute! 😉

In my younger days I toured much of the country by bike and I NEVER had a tail wind and for some reason I was always peddling uphill. 🙂

Joe
MD
M_David_Walter
Jun 11, 2004
Where is the ‘Snap to Image’ icon/button when making a panoramic print on Photoshop Elements?
JC
Jane Carter
Jun 11, 2004
How about Boston? Anybody here going to the July 13 thru 15 MacWorld Expo? Vermont, New Hampshire, most anywhere in New England is all within several hours driving distance. We are about 70 miles south of Boston.
Jane

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections