LA
Posted By
Luis_Aveleyra
May 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’d like to put 300 photos onto a CD to share with friends.

What is the proper size (aaa x bbb) and resolution (dpi) to use??

Thanks

-luis

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JH
Jim_Hess
May 28, 2004
DPI is a term that is related to printing. PPI refers to the number of pixels per inch displayed on the monitor. The appropriate size depends on the intended purpose for sharing the photos. If your recipients are just going to be viewing them on their computer, then 72 PPI is adequate. As far as dimensions are concerned, I think I would probably keep them in about the 640×480 size if they are just going to be viewed on the computer. I would provide more like 240 PPI and the appropriate dimensions if the recipients were going to want to print the images. Sorry, this isn’t a lot of information. If you need more assistance, could you please provide more details?

Jim
LA
Luis_Aveleyra
May 28, 2004
Thank you, Jim, for the clarification and information. You gave me more than what I asked for but very useful information indeed which I have documented and will utilize in the future.

-luis

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections