DR
Posted By
D_Rob_Curtis
Jan 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Although I have some familiarity with HTML, I am unsure of how to modify the gallery layout, like if I wanted to change the image size.

My main priority right now though is where I would add a back buttom to get out of the gallery, to get back to the link that brought me there instead of repeatedly pressing back and going through all the viewed images till I am out.

Would this go in the fame file, and if so where in the html?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DR
D_Rob_Curtis
Jan 20, 2007
I meant frame, not fame, but is this beyond everyone’s understanding? Am I the only one to want to do this?
C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 20, 2007
Rob, you can edit your gallery in an HTML editor.

If you want to make the same thing appear in all future galleries you create, first make a copy of the gallery template files and save them with a new name in the same folder as the originals. Do your edits as required, then select your new template from the drop-down when next you create a gallery.

My preferred way of providing links back to me web site, however, is to load the gallery into the lower, main window of a frameset. The top, very narrow window contains the "Home" button and other links back to the main site.

Image Size can be set manually "on the fly" as you create the gallery in most cases.

Hope this helps.
DR
D_Rob_Curtis
Jan 22, 2007
Thanks for this advice. I wasn’t sure where to add the new code, but I figured it out. I added it just before the last DIV line. Unfortunately, after I added it to maybe a hundred galleries, I see that it doesn’t show up unless you move the window up.

But I am wondering – can an addition of a few simple links slow up the whole gallery? I was viewing some today on 2 different computers and I can’t believe how unbelievably long it takes as I try to view successive pictures. Sometimes there is a whiteout and not even the bar showing. I’m sure it wasn’t this slow before, but I don’t know if there is some other factor, but is the same on two computers.

Would you mind checking a gallery, for example, <http://theearlybirder.com/grebe/index.htm> to see if you find this to be the case? The pictures are all small as generated by the bridge program.

Thanks for any further input.

Would
C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 22, 2007
The Gallery works okay here, although the images do load a little slower than I would expect for 50K Jpegs.

It may just be that your web host has a slow or overworked server.

Although I think it’s more likely because of the browser having to resolve the spaces in your file names.

The space is actually an illegal character in a URL although more recent browsers will replace them with %20 as you can see below.

< http://theearlybirder.com/grebe/images/6019539%20Pied%20Bill ed%20Grebe.jpg>

Chris.

PS: Nice shots.
DR
D_Rob_Curtis
Jan 26, 2007
Thanks,
I started changing the spaces to _ but then found that the entire name wouldn’t appear in the gllery as it needed to be on one line. Also the browser problems were related to my computer, and I got the speed up.
Now I am wondering if I can add additional images to the gallery without doing it all over again, and also how I could open images in there in bridge to add copyrights that I forgot on some new ones. When I choose my site in bridge, it doesn’t find it.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections