GS
Posted By
Good_Spins
Jan 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, I have a 21" wide screen monitor and I am using it as a second window with a laptop. When I am creating an image on the wide screen its looks good, but as I move the window over to the laptop screen it looks different, like smashed. I have messed with my monitor setting but I can not seem to get the wide screen to look like the laptop screen. Help if any.

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
stevent
Jan 17, 2007
Is the resolution on the two monitors display settings the same aspect ratio?
B
Bernie
Jan 17, 2007
If the monitors are LCDs, make sure you are using the native resolution (or something proportional to it) for each one
B
Bigguy
Jan 18, 2007
You could start by telling us what resolutions the monitors are operating at… (Desktop, properties, settings) and the models/native resolutions of the monitors.
There are some very clever people on this NG but I don’t think any of them are mind readers. 😉

Guy

wrote:
Hello, I have a 21" wide screen monitor and I am using it as a second window with a laptop. When I am creating an image on the wide screen its looks good, but as I move the window over to the laptop screen it looks different, like smashed. I have messed with my monitor setting but I can not seem to get the wide screen to look like the laptop screen. Help if any.

Thanks
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jan 19, 2007
Yes, make sure both monitors are set to native resolution. A widescreen 21" is probably something like 1680×1050; if it’s set to a non-widescreen resolution like 1024×768 or 1280×1024 you will get aspect ratio distortion.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections