H
Posted By
H._Adam_White
Jan 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a couple of different versions of Photoshop — 7 on my "old" PC … and CS on my "newer" PC. On my old PC I have some tool presets that came from one of those tutorial books I purchased when I first bought PS7. I am about to retire the old PC … and am trying to move the presets to my newer PC so I can use them in Photoshop CS.

But CS seems to load the presets differently than PS7 did. On the old/PS7 PC, all the presets are in subdirecteries / folders located within a single "container" folder. To install the presets initially all I did was put it into the Photoshop/Presets folder. Then PS7 found all the individual files within the subfolders, and they were all accessible to me via the Tool Presets window, Tool Presets tab.

But Photoshop CS seems to manage these presets differently — and doesn’t seem to find/load them all upon startup. I’ve tried putting the same "container" folder into the PhotoshopCS/presets folder … but the presets are not available to me "by default." The only way I’ve been able to find them is using CS’s Preset Manager. This works … but isn’t as convenient/easy.

Am I overlooking some easy way to do this? Or will I need to use the Preset Manager to load each different type of tool before I use it (brushes, tools, gradients, etc.)

This is probably a really simple deal … but I’ve searched and searched and cannot find an explanation for this. I’ve also done some trial-and-error experimenting in CS, but am still a little confused. I guess this is what happens when one (me!) resists learning the new/upgraded software (CS) in favor of continuing to use the old stuff (PS7) with which one is more comfortable! 😉

Thanks for any help.
Adam

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections