Posted By
Raymond Robillard
May 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,

I never realized before (perhaps I’m the last one to realize this..), but in the Effects palette, if you click on the bottom right icon at the bottom of the list (enabling Thumbnail view), you’ll be offered a "before and after" view of all the filters.

See this image :

http://www.pbase.com/image/29166984

Ray

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BG
Byron Gale
May 20, 2004
Ray,

On mine, the function of those buttons is inverted from yours.

The LIST view gives the before/after, while the Thumbnail view gives a grid of… thumbnails.

Byron
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 20, 2004
Byron…

Oups! It’s my mistake… It was late and I should have waited this morning to post this hint… Sorry 🙂

I’ve corrected the screen capture.

My appologies for the confusion.

Ray
DB
Do_Brinkmann
May 20, 2004
Hi Ray…I was playing with this hint you mentioned and all of a sudden my image on the screen had white photo corners (little triangle on each corner) on it! I changed to black and liked the result. The corners are even "ridged" on the outside edge!

But I was messing with "effects" I thought…and there is nothing there that I can find that would result in "corners". What do you suppose I did to get these??? Never came across this type of result before.

Thinking about your and your upcoming ordeal…I occasionally drink the Ensure…I keep calling it accidentally "Endure"…but it really tastes good if very cold particularly. Either Vanilla or Chocolate!

Dorothy Brinkmann
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 20, 2004
Hi Dorothy,

The "effect" you’re talking about is actually listed under Frames, and is called Photo Corners.

Endure… LOL !!! And the other brand is Boost… So, from now on, I’ll called them Endure and Bruise… (coz I’m gonna have lots of bruises and I’ll have to endure them for a long time!!)

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections