Posted By
kine_viken
Nov 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi!
Does anybody know how I can make a part of a black and white picture red? In my case I have a picture of a girl.., I am going to make it black and white, and her dress is going to be red.., how can I do this?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DR
Donald_Reese
Nov 2, 2008
I assume you are starting with a color shot. if so, use a hue/saturation mask and then slide the saturation to zero and hit okay. next hit the b-key and start brushing on the area you want color to appear. if nothing happens,hit the x-key,which switches your foreground/background color to hide or reveal as you brush.
B
barkerjohn
Nov 2, 2008
Hi
If you’re starting with a black and white photo. You could simply use the colour replacement tool. Choose a red of your choice in the colour picker and then brush over the area in the photo you want to be that colour.
Or make a solid colour adjustment layer and add a layer mask to conceal areas of the photo you don’t want coloured. In this way it is possible to use many different colours each on there own layer and keep each one easily editable either by adjusting the colour fill or the opacity of the layer.
Katrin Eismann covers this very well in her book Restoration and Retouching
B
Buko
Nov 2, 2008
If you are starting with a Grayscale photo you need to convert it to RGB to add color.
JF
john_findley
Nov 2, 2008

1. Select the dress
2. Hue/Saturation: Click Colorize, then Hue 0, Saturation 40
KV
kine_viken
Nov 2, 2008
Thank you so much to all of you.., after a little while I managed to make the dress red while the rest of the picture is black and white 🙂 Again; thank you 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections