How to have a proper window with a gray background like in Fireworks?

PK
Posted By
Phoenix_Kiula
Nov 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. I am moving from the windows platform to OSX. In windows, and in fireworks CS4 in mac, when I start the software, there is a clean grey background on the screen. The software has its own grey screen.

But when I start PS CS4 in Mac, it only comes up with top menus and the right panels. In the middle, I can see my desktop underneath. This is very distracting! I suppose some "pros" may like it this way but I would like to have a full software grey window as usual.

Is it possible? I tried playng around with workspaces but it didn’t help. Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Nov 2, 2008
Press the F key repeatedly until you see what you want.

Additionally, you may want to look up the Application Frame option in the Help files. It was put in place in CS4 mostly for the benefit of ex-Windows users.
PK
Phoenix_Kiula
Nov 2, 2008
Thanks. The F toggles between screen mode, full screen mode, etc. I liked the full screen mode with menus, but the problem with this is that the open images don’t tab anymore! Why? Where can I change this option?

Ideally I’d like a full screen mode that —

(1) Still keeps the window resizable with a grey background (instead of making it fixed full screen, which seems to be happening at the moment)

(2) Still keeps the tabbed version of open files at the moment

Possible? Thanks for your help
PK
Phoenix_Kiula
Nov 2, 2008
Actually the application frame is what I was looking for. Thanks!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections