JR
Posted By
Jerome_Ramos
Oct 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I came across this thread here and I’m having the same problems on my brand new MacBook Pro. I am only able to open a few files but the majority get the unexpected end of file message. The files were located on an external drive formatted with NTFS. When I move the drive over to an XP machine. They open up just fine.

Here is a link to the other thread.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c064b98/20>http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c064b98/20

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 28, 2008
Can you copy those files over to a drive which has been formatted as "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" and do NOT make it Case Sensitive?
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 28, 2008
As I recall, NTFS is read-only for Macs, so you may have to drag-copy the file to the Macintosh Desktop (or another Mac-formatted drive as Ann suggests) in order to open and use it.

Neil
JR
Jerome_Ramos
Oct 28, 2008
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I did drag the folder over to the desktop on the Mac and still had the same problem.
B
Buko
Oct 28, 2008
sounds like file corruption.
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 29, 2008
I am only able to open a few files but the majority get the unexpected end of file message.

File corruption is a likely candidate. An "unexpected end of file" message means that data that should be included as part of the file is missing or damaged, not allowing the file to be read properly.

If you can open these very same files on your XP machine after they’ve failed when copied to a Mac, then there is a problem with transmittal to your Mac. Maybe a loose connection or bad cable. Maybe even a failing drive.

Neil
OO
Omke_Oudeman
Oct 29, 2008
Have you already tried to burn them on a DVD via the XP machine and then load them on to the Mac?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections