DS
Posted By
Don_Saban
Oct 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way to get the crop tool to stick at the settings you select other than the default color black at 75% opacity? Seems to me ages ago, perhaps as far back as Photoshop 6 or 7, you could change the color of the shielding and the percentage, and it would stay until you changed it.
Is it possible in CS4?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 26, 2008
You can do that in CS4. Just select the Crop tool, draw a marquee and choose color and opacity in the Options Bar. The settings will stick until changed.
DS
Don_Saban
Oct 26, 2008
Yes, one would think……but it’s not sticking for me.
B
Buko
Oct 26, 2008
You can do the same in other versions too.

open Photoshop set your settings close photoshop. It will stick.

If photoshop crashes before it closes the settings will not stick
DS
Don_Saban
Oct 26, 2008
Buko….I did as you suggested and it still doesn’t stick. It did stick for 8×10, but then I went to 5×7 and it went back to default. Then I went back to 8×10 and it was default as well.
There’s gotta be a way to make this quite changing back to black and 75 % opacity!!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 26, 2008
Trash Prefs. then try again?
DS
Don_Saban
Oct 26, 2008
It’s not the preferences.
So you guys aren’t having this issue at all?
You can set your color and opacity to let’s say gray and 100%. Do a crop with the preset 8×10.
Open another photo and do a preset to 5×7 and it’s stays gray and 100%. Go back to 8×10 do a crop and it’s still gray and 100%?
By the way…..two of my friends have the same issue on their machines. I’ve had this issue since CS or CS2.
very strange……..
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 26, 2008
I am using CS4 now — and it certainly works in that.

Try trashing your crop tool presets and re-making them.
B
Buko
Oct 26, 2008
No I do not have this issue.
DS
Don_Saban
Oct 27, 2008
Guess I’ll just have to live with it….can’t seem to find the issue that’s causing it. Me and my friends were hoping it would be fixed in CS4 on our machines. Thanks for your suggestions….
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 27, 2008
Have you tried deleting existing the Presets for the Crop tool?
DS
Don_Saban
Oct 27, 2008
Yes, I dumped them all and created new ones.
DS
Don_Saban
Oct 27, 2008
Ok….I figured it out…..all is well in color and opacity land! Thanks for your help…….
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 27, 2008
Do tell …
JC
Jonas_Cronfeld
Oct 27, 2008
It works fine here, just what I needed. Thanks!
DS
Don_Saban
Oct 28, 2008
Joslin….
Just make sure when you create your new preset to include the opacity and color you want before you save it…then it will stick. You need to do this for each and every preset you set up.
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 29, 2008
Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections