L
Posted By
Lalin
May 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently installed version 2.0 on a WIN XP PC. The program functions well. The problem I have is that I cannot associate any files (JPEG, TIFF, etc) with Photoelemnts 2.0. I go through the association routine in the Windows Explorer and when the process is over, the files are not associated. Furthermore, AP 2.o doesn’t even show on the list of possible programs.
Please help.
Tks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MM
Mac_McDougald
May 11, 2004
Try Associating from WITHIN Elements, then.
Edit/File Association

Mac
L
Lalin
May 11, 2004
I tried it and it still doesnt register the association. Right after I click OK for associating JPEG, I open the Edit, File Association and JPEG is unchecked.
JL
Jim Lloyd
May 11, 2004
Right click on a jpeg image and select "open with". Or for some reason it might just says "open" twice… chose the lower one. You’ll get the list of file associations. Check "always use to open files of this type" and then hit the browse button. Browse to your elements program file and click it. ..jpg files should open in elements from this point on. Repeat the process with any other file type you want to open with elements.

wrote in message
I recently installed version 2.0 on a WIN XP PC. The program functions
well. The problem I have is that I cannot associate any files (JPEG, TIFF, etc) with Photoelemnts 2.0. I go through the association routine in the Windows Explorer and when the process is over, the files are not associated. Furthermore, AP 2.o doesn’t even show on the list of possible programs.
Please help.
Tks
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 11, 2004
Believe I’d try uninstalling/reinstalling first.

If that doesn’t work, might want to look into a registry cleaner of some sort.

Mac
SF
Susan_Fair
May 12, 2004
Lalin…I’m new to PS 2.0 and have same trouble with file assoc. can’t get PS 2.0 to appear as a choice of programs to "open with"…have you had any luck?
I did not have this trouble with PS 1.0. Thanks. Susan.
JH
Jim_Hess
May 12, 2004
When you do the "open with" thing, you should be able to browse and locate your Photoshop Elements executable. It will then show up on the list of programs.
SF
Susan_Fair
May 12, 2004
I uninstalled PS2.0 then reinstalled it…and was able to file assoc. within PS file assoc. manager…All is well now.
I think my problem originated because I installed 2.0 then uninstalled 1.0…I should have uninstalled 1.0 first, then installed 2.0. Susan
L
Lalin
May 14, 2004
I did the same "mistake" as you. After reinstalling PS 2.0 evrything is OK. Tks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections