Posted By
Raymond Robillard
May 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.2cd138bf>

Just noticed this link… I only access the forum on the web when I’m at the office, so I didn’t notice this before. Did anyone else notice that before? And, also, there aren’t any categories like in the US Forums (no application specific forums, I mean).

Anyway, it’s good news for me ๐Ÿ™‚

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mark_Reibman
May 10, 2004
Of course that doesn’t mean that we will see less of you here, right?
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 10, 2004
Of course that doesn’t mean that we will see less of you here, right?

Based upon the number of posts on the other forums (= 0 !), I don’t think so, not just now anyway. But, in 3 weeks, I will go off line for a few days (4 or 5), right after my surgery. They don’t offer internet access in the ICU.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ray
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 10, 2004
Ray,

Please stay with us …… if you left we would all miss you ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope everything goes well with your surgery

Wendy
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 11, 2004
Thanks Wendy, it’s nice to know people are thinking of me!

I really have no plan to leave. Not unless I’m being kicked out, that is ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ray
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 11, 2004
Ray,

I hope you sail through surgery with nothing but calm winds and white fluffy sails. Mend swiftly and get back to us as soon as you can.

g.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
May 11, 2004
Ray, you’ll have to tell them about your sequence for resetting preferences:

Touche de alterne
Touche de commande
Merde

๐Ÿ™‚

Chuck
CS
Chuck_Snyder
May 11, 2004
Ray, p.s.

All the best on your upcoming surgery – we’ll be thinking of you.

C
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 11, 2004
Oui, bien sรปr… ! (yeah, sure.. )

Btw, Merde means Good Luck (when being polite). Since this sequence of keystrokes can sometimes poses some problems, I think saying Merde would probably be appropriate ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for the kind word as well to you Chuck. The funny thing is, I’m now sampling baby food ! I’ll be shut wired for 6 weeks (I know a few persons who are gonna be soooo happy about me not talking for that long.. Lol!). Spaghetti doesn’t taste bad. Veal, on the other hand, is… well… merde (the other meaning, this time!).

Oh, my friends have kindly offered a Big Mac, some fries, an apple pie and a coke, all this, of course, mixed in a blender (ice included).

I refused to sample it.

Ray
LK
Leen_Koper
May 11, 2004
Ray, with your knowledge of digital and sense of humour it should be pretty easy for you to create a weblog about what happens the days before and after surgery.
This way we will know how you are and we even can do suggestions about your daily meals for the blender.

Leen
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 11, 2004
Leen,

I seriously thought about it (blog). In fact, my friend will take pictures of me from day one, right after the surgery. I know, for some, this may sound like I’m a sadistic guy, but the truth is, it’s gonna help me in the long run. We all hit a wall when we embark on long and difficult projects (well, most people do). There comes a time when one thinks he/she didn’t do the right choice. Looking back at those pictures, see where I came from, this will most probably help me get through this.

As for the blog, it all depends on my capacity to write. Some people have reported problems looking at the computer screen from right after the surgery up to several weeks later. I’ll see what I can do. But even if, I might not have enough concentration to write in English (Jodi, you can translate ? Haha!)

But one thing, I don’t believe I’ll have a good sense of humour after that. One thing is for sure, I won’t be able to smile ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ray
JC
Jane Carter
May 11, 2004
Hi Ray, Good luck with everything! And do keep us posted, just a few lines here on this forum will suffice in the beginning, just to let us know that you are OK. Then when you feel a bit better, spend longer times computering.
I remember after my surgery, I only spent a few minutes computering, just enough to send a few e-mails.
Jane
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 11, 2004
Ray, sorry I took so long to reply to this thread but you have waited long enough and you have been nervous long enough…this is the perfect recipe for > ‘ everything was easier than I thought ‘…trust me ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, ya might better pig out between now and your surgery to get some fat on your bones and then your healing process should go smoothly. After the surgery drink ‘ ENSURE ‘( or similar…body builder drink supplements etc..) everyday as well…baby food will only take your body just so far…you aren’t a baby ! Good Luck and Best Wishes ๐Ÿ™‚
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 11, 2004
Thanks Jodi (I’ve already have 20 pounds to loose… !!)

Seriously, I’ve been suggested by the surgeon to go on Ensure, Boost, Carnation, everything liquid for the first week. Then, pureed food or baby food (which better suits my needs).

Ray
B
bethC
May 11, 2004
Good luck Ray.
I say have a few beers . . .the weeks after surgery will go by before you know it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Seriously, take care of yourself !

beth
JH
Joe_Henry1000
May 11, 2004
Hi Ray,

My best wishes to you as well! ๐Ÿ™‚

Don’t worry about not being able to write in English. Us Mac OS 10 Users have Sherlock to translate and the Windows folks have Babelfish (and I think Google has a translation feature as well). So, if you feel up to it and can see well enough, drop us a line.

Joe
JH
Joe_Henry1000
May 11, 2004
LOL! I just translated Chuck’s post and got the alternate meaning for Merde. LOL!

Kind of appropriate for anyone having surgery.

Joe
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 11, 2004
I was about to tell you how far away Sherlock is from truth, but then, you just prove me wrong ๐Ÿ™‚

Last time I tried to translate something from French to English, it was soooo far from the original thing, it was just too funny!

Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections