AD
Posted By
Andy_Drefs
Jan 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I created a project in Illustrator, saved it as an editable PSD file and e-mailed it to a friend. While he is now able to open the file he cannot manipulate it in any way. I am using AI CS2 as part of the Production Studio Premium and when I export the file from AI I have "Write Layers" as well as "preserve text editability" and "maximum editability" selected. The color model is CMYK and Photoshop CS2 is selected in the drop down menu next to: "Export as". Does anyone have any suggestions as to how he might be able to unlock the layers. By the way, the lock icon is showing on his layers pallette. Thank-you in advance….

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 12, 2007
Sounds like you want the Illustrator Forum. <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.ee6b328/>
AD
Andy_Drefs
Jan 13, 2007
Sorry ’bout that, I should have been more clear. Although I am creating in AI my friend wants to work in PhotoShop, hence my saving the file as a .psd. Therefore, I had hoped some of the folks here in the forum, and far more experienced than me in all of this, might be able to help me, instruct him, as to how to open these dog-gone things.
L
LenHewitt
Jan 13, 2007
Andy,

I have seen the same reported once in the Illustrator forum, and I downloaded the file to check it. I was unable to find any way of editing it, and no-one else could find a resolution to the problem either.

The poster created a 2nd file having simplified the layer structure in Illustrator, and that one exported correctly if memory serves.
AD
Andy_Drefs
Jan 13, 2007
Len – thanks for the added insight. Perhaps I’ll try opening the project in PhotoShop and then exporting from there.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections