NK
Posted By
Nick_Kenworthy
Jan 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can someone please help me. I am a beginner in photoshop so please bare with me. I have a web template in PSD format that I am currently editing. It has a navigation bar designed with 7 buttons and several layers. Text layer for all buttons, blue layer with 7 rectangles for on state and 7 different layers with orange rectangles for over state. Now to my problem.
I have figured out how to implement rollovers in image ready (i am using PHOTOSHOP 7) and have managed to produce rollover states for each button by selecting the relevant organge layer in the over state and leaving the blue layer for the standard state. All works fine when I test in the browser. However, when I save as optimised it produces 6 over states (in blue) for each button and one over state in orange. I know that I should be able to do this with only one state for each button i.e. 2 gifs for each button on and off but I am ending up with 6 x 7 gifs???? What am I doing wrong. I should say that I have sliced each button area before entering image ready. Any help appreciated.
I am pulling my hair out.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections