DW
Posted By
Dylan_Wolf
Jan 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey everyone, I am new here and am in need of help. I am trying to make T shirts for my band, and all we have is a drawing on paper. So i scanned it into my pc. Now is there any way in Photoshop to make the picture look like it would belong an a t shirt and not look like a drawing on a shirt

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SF
Scott_Falkner
Jan 12, 2007
?
B
Bernie
Jan 12, 2007
Now is there any way in Photoshop to make the picture look like it would belong an a t shirt and not look like a drawing on a shirt

Not sure what you mean by that, can you be a bit more descriptive.

You may want to find a silkscreener who can produce the T-shirts and talk with him.
DW
Dylan_Wolf
Jan 12, 2007
What i mean is, is it possible to make the image not look like its a drawing on a piece of paper. Umm idk how else to explain it. Like clean it up and look more solid. Sorry i can’t think of another way. I heard that the pen tool + stroke will help. What does it do and where can i find it?
B
Bernie
Jan 12, 2007
How about posting a lores copy of it on <http://www.pixentral.com> so we can see what you have.

(And maybe a link or two to the kind of final result you’re looking for)
SF
Scott_Falkner
Jan 12, 2007
OK, I see artwork on a T-shirt. What’s the question?
DW
Dylan_Wolf
Jan 12, 2007
The question is in the first post If you read it. How can i enhance the drawing to look like the artwork on the shirts. is it possible
SF
Scott_Falkner
Jan 12, 2007
Dunno. What’s it look like now? What feature of the artwork you you want to emulate or duplicate?
DW
Dylan_Wolf
Jan 12, 2007
posted the picture already its the first link. its not clickable
SF
Scott_Falkner
Jan 13, 2007
Your artwork < http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1wref6lwK3tLH296Tl UuqB7JZSCeM>

I just don’t get the question. Do you want to simulate putting your artwork on a T-shirt? Do you want your artwork to look more inthe style of the samples you showed? Something else?

For the T-shirt, just use one of the ones you posted. Use the Stamp tool to erase the existing artwork, then put your art on a layer above the T-shirt and scale until things look right. You’ll either have to mask your art or add a white background between the two layers if your illustration is transparent in Photoshop.

For the latter question, that’s all you. Draw it in that style.

I don’t know what else to say.
D
DeerRaven
Jan 13, 2007
Yes. Scan it into Photoshop, import it into Illustrator, trace thereby vectorizing. Much smoother results!

Martha
G
grannysplayhouse
Jan 13, 2007
Your version next to my version as it might look on a black T-shirt done by a silk screen printer … How it actually comes out is up to your artistic skills… there is a lot that you can do, you have a great start!!.. all things are possible

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1iVKYv5dhG9qi99y0w jNFRTh7wB4OP1>
DW
Dylan_Wolf
Jan 13, 2007
Alright thanks everybody ill see what i can do

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections