MW
Posted By
mel_walaszek
May 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Unable to open Picture Package. Was working fine even after adding new package layouts. I uninstalled and reinstalled program and it still will not work. Everything else is working. Anybody know what needs to be done to get it to work again?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 6, 2004
Try deleting the Elements Preference folder. That often clears up mysterious problems with things that don’t work right any more.

With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and make a QUICK grab for (Win) Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Mac) Command, Option, and Shift. Hold all three down until you geet a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. A new folder will build as Elements continues to launch.

By the way, when you uninstall/reinstall, this folder is not removed unless you take it out manually. That may explain why that routine didn’t help. Let’s hope this corrects the problem. If not, please repost.
MW
mel_walaszek
May 6, 2004
Beth,

Thank you, it worked like a charm. I also use Photoshop 6 but find that Elements works a lot faster and has more options that I need to use with the final prints looking equal in quality. Thanks again.
Mel
Fan Fair Foto

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections