SL
Posted By
steve_leediker
May 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been useng elements 1 for over 2 years and just got elements 2 with my Canon camera. I have a problem that is new with Elemebts 2 — when you save the picture to the web the resulting picture (the one on the left)is as if I took 7 point off of the brightness of the orginal. I figured out the window fix on the picture on the right "using windows" make it look like the orginal pix but the picture actually saved is the one on the left that is MUCH darker than the actual picture. If anyone that has found a fix for this please email me at
Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SL
steve_leediker
May 5, 2004
I have been useng elements 1 for over 2 years and just got elements 2 with my Canon camera. I have a problem that is new with Elemebts 2 — when you save the picture to the web the resulting picture (the one on the left)is as if I took 7 point off of the brightness of the orginal. I figured out the window fix on the picture on the right "using windows" make it look like the orginal pix but the picture actually saved is the one on the left that is MUCH darker than the actual picture. If anyone that has found a fix for this please email me at
Thanks
RB
Richard_Brackett
May 7, 2004
I suddenly have the same problem. PSE worked fine a few days ago and now all photos are too dark. I noticed last night that when photos are "Saved for the Web", they appear OK in that area of PSE.

I suspect a recent automatic update is causing this problem but how can I contact Adobe to have this problem reversed? My PSE is useless now.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 7, 2004
There haven’t been any updates to Elements, so that isn’t it. However, the preferences do occasionally become corrupted. If you’re using a Win machine, try this keyboard shortcut for deleting the old preference folder.

Press CTRL + ALT while launching Save for Web

If you’re using a Mac you’ll have to find the Save for Web preference folder on your hard drive and delete it manually because the keyboard shortcut doesn’t work on that platform.

You also should just turn off the automatic update feature in Elements. Go to Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online and set the frequency to Never. Some people do get the impression that feature is doing something, because it goes through a routine where it verifies software. However, there never have been any updates, so it’s just slowing down your loading process and making life more confusing than necessary.
SL
steve_leediker
May 7, 2004
What is a plug in? and how come the computer sets on it for 10 to 15 seconds every time PE2 opens. PE1 use to "check Memory" for 10 to 15 seconds now PE2 checks for plug ins.
Gee
SL
steve_leediker
May 7, 2004
I don’t know what’s causing it. but the control shift did not work the saved picture is MUCH darker than the one on the screen. Look like I may go back to PS1 as that program at least gave you the same tones and shades that where on the screen. Adobe– hello — you have a problem with PE2. Calabrate the monitor– For what — I can see both pictures at the same time
BH
Beth_Haney
May 7, 2004
Did you delete just the Save for Web preferences, or did you delete the Preferences for the entire application? At this point I don’t know if it would help, but it can’t hurt, either. To do that, have Elements closed, click on the start up icon, and make a quick grab for the Control, Alt, and Shift keys. Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. I’m kind of confused right now, but I think there may have been someone else posting with a similar problem who tried this and found it worked. Or not. Like I said, I’m confused by all of the people have problems with color right now.

Gee – plugins are usually added to a folder in the Elements application for things like scanners, direct downloads from cameras, RAW converters, and various other items that can be added to the program to increase editing options. If it’s too slow for you, look in the folder and see if there’s anything in there that can be thrown away. The more plugins added, the longer it takes Elements to get them properly loaded at start up.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections