C
Posted By
Cindy
Oct 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know the Web Photo Gallery has been removed from PS CS4 and put into Bridge. However, I created a few templates I would like to keep. Is there any way besides using CS3 that I might do this in Bridge? Is there going to be a way in Bridge to create additional web modules?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 18, 2008
Cindy:

If you dig really deeply (10 levels down!) in your Library folder you will find the templates for the new Bridge Galleries. You can also use the Lightroom templates in Bridge CS4.

Library/Applications Support/Adobe/Bridge CS4 Extensions/Adobe output Module/mediagallery/resources/templates/07lightroomgallery/s tyles

I duplicated one of the enclosed Styles and dragged it to the Desktop; opened it in GoLive (because I like the way that GL displays html code — although any text editor will do);
edited the code to give me the background colors, text and image frames that I wanted; and Saved the file with a new but similar name (starting with next two digits in the series and with the .xml suffix) in the same location as the original.

And it works!

You may be able to put your existing templates in the appropriate areas.

Or, you could install the Optional Plug-ins which let you use the Photoshop/File/Automate web galleries and put your old templates wherever you kept them for CS3.

WARNING:
You should be perfectly safe doing this but if you screw-up CS4 and have to re-install it — I accept no responsibility!!!!!!!

🙂
C
Cindy
Oct 18, 2008
WARNING: You should be perfectly safe doing this but if you screw-up CS4 and have to re-install it — I accept no responsibility!!!!!!!

I have been warned! Thank you ma’am.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 18, 2008
🙂

Good luck. Do let me know if it works.

Or if it doesn’t.
C
Cindy
Oct 18, 2008
You wouldn’t happen to know where those Lightroom Galleries are would you? 🙂
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 18, 2008
Right there in:

……templates/07lightroomgallery/styles/……

and a few more in the other templates/ 01 through 08

Open it up in List View and Drill…
RK
richard_k._lane
Oct 22, 2008
HI There….there is a way to use the "legacy" Web Photo Gallery from CS3 in CS4. First you need use the Optional Plugin’s that comes in the Goodies folder. You can download that from here: < http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4047> Once downloaded (or if you found on the retail disk) you go to Optional Plugins>Automate>WebContactSheetII.plugin Put that plugin in to the Photoshop CS4>Plug-ins>Automate folder. You also need to put the templates from CS3’s Web galleries in to CS4. I simply copied those templates from CS3 (CS3>Presets>Web Photo Gallery) in to Photoshop CS4>Presets>Web Photo Gallery. If there is not a Web Photo Gallery folder in the Presets fold you can just add a folder with that name and put the templates in it. You should then be able to use Photoshop CS4 as you did in CS3 to make simple galleries.
C
Cindy
Oct 22, 2008
Hi Richard,

Does this work at the cost of using Web Photo Gallery in Bridge?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 23, 2008
The Optional Plug-ins work as advertised Cindy.

But I found that adding the Bridge Startup Scripts and Folders (also available in the Goodies or from the Downloads) prevented me from using the Outputs Panel in Bridge — although other people apparently have not had that problem.

But I seriously question why anyone would want to use the old CS3 method when the new CS4 Bridge method is so much quicker and also lets you use the Lightroom Flash Gallery templates directly from within Bridge.

"Presentation PDFs" have been eliminated in Photoshop CS4 but you can make multi-page PDFs directly out of Bridge. You can also make these through InDesign CS4 if you want to add transitions between pages.
C
Cindy
Oct 23, 2008
But I seriously question why anyone would want to use the old CS3 method when the new CS4 Bridge method is so much quicker and also lets you use the Lightroom Flash Gallery templates directly from within Bridge.

I would only do that for a couple of customers for whom I put a lot of effort into the templates. Otherwise, these galleries are fine.

I still have not figured out how to get the galleries out of LR but then I have been rather busy. I wrote down where you said they were in Bridge CS4 but I could not find them in LR.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections