GG
Posted By
Grace_Glew
May 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When using Photoshop Elements v2.0, when I add a layer with text to a project, the text is really pixilated on my screen and from the printer. However, when I open a new project and proceed right to the 1st layer and insert the text, it comes out fine on the screen and through the printer. has anybody run into this, and what’s the fix?
Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
May 5, 2004
The way I’m reading this post, you’re talking about two different image files, correct? Check the resolution of each. It sounds as though the resolutions are different, with the one displaying pixelated text is significantly lower than the other. It’s generally recommended that the resolution of an image to be printed (as opposed to one that’ll be used in e-mail or on the web) be a minimum of 150ppi. Something between 200ppi and 300ppi is an even better range.
GG
Grace_Glew
May 7, 2004
Beth, Thanks for the reply. I thought I was using the same reolution for all, how do I check?
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 7, 2004
what is ppi of the image?

Mac
JR
Jim_R._Potts
May 8, 2004
I too am having the same problem. Type that is printed out is fuzzy and pixelated, as are elements that I draw on the page, such as a heart or star. However placed images print out fine on the same page. I’ve tried this on two different computers with the same result. How can I print out clear text? (My laser printer is set at 600dpi)
BH
Beth_Haney
May 8, 2004
You can get the ppi of an image by having it open on your desktop and then going to Image>Resize>Image Size. There’s a box toward the bottom in which the resolution of the image is given. A low resolution (below about 150 to 200) has a tendency to cause fuzziness or pixelation. Most people aim for something closer to 300ppi.

The printer setting is definitely related to the quality of a print, but it wouldn’t cause pixelation on an image that doesn’t display that way to begin with.
DS
Dick_Smith
May 10, 2004
You can also find the resolution of an image by clicking and holding the mouse button down over the dimensions of the image in the Status Bar.

Dick

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections