May 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Grant’s garden; Nikon D70

<http://home.cogeco.ca/~gardens/May4/index.html>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LK
Leen_Koper
May 4, 2004
Hmmm, these images would have been much better with a decent Canon DSLR.

😉

Leen
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 4, 2004
Leen, that was pretty bad.

I find Grant’s images to have majestic quality….no matter what camera he uses.
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 4, 2004
Leen

Good one….

Grant
JB
John_Burnett_(JNB)
May 4, 2004
Lookin’ good, Grant! What lens(es) were you using?
B
bethC
May 4, 2004
Grant, I think the pictures are great. Makes me feel like running outside and taking a picture of the only flower that is blooming out there!
Come on spring! Where are you?

beth
LK
Leen_Koper
May 4, 2004
These images show extremely well the difference between a dSLR and a "consumer camera". Note the subdued colours compared to the often much more pronounced colours of "consumer cameras".
This is pretty much like the difference between professional films (like Kodak Portra) and the average consumer films.

Provided Grant has’t photoshoped his images, of course.

Leen
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 5, 2004
Leen

As far as Photoshopping goes … Minimal cropping was done to bring the ratio form the 3:2 to the 4:3 that is more normal for the monitor. The images were downsized so they could fit comfortably onto the screen. Sharpening was done to restore the original sharpness that is lost in down sizing. That was it no more … so what you see is almost what you get.

Grant
\
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 5, 2004
Leen

Woops I forgot … I had the colour balance set for Sunlight not for Auto.

Grant
\

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections