JB
Posted By
John_Becich
May 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0.2. I’m running it under Win2K + sp4. I have a new P4 computer. Plenty of RAM.
The smudge tool has never worked. I have only attempted to use it on JPG files. I used the smudge tool to considerable satisfaction under a prior Adobe JPG editor, namely, Photoshop LE 5.0.

Am I the only person that has this problem? Is there a patch I need to know about?

Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JF
Jodi_Frye
May 4, 2004
from past experience before I got more memory ( I had 384 dram and bumped it up to 896 )….when I had high resolution images the smudge tool worked very slowly…took a while for my system to catch up to what I was doing….but it still worked.

Try resetting your preferences;

hold down alt+ctrl+shift immediately after launching the program…( do it quick)say ‘yes’ to the pop up.
JB
John_Becich
May 10, 2004
I fixed this problem.
While in the smudge function, you might notice there is a "mode" setting. I had mine set to "hue," for some reason. When I rolled it to "normal," I got what I wanted. Now I can smudge to my heart’s delight.

Thanks, Jody, for your reply.
MS
Mark_Sand
May 10, 2004
John,
I sometimes get into the same situation, where a tool suddenly does not seems to work right. I make a habit of resetting a tool’s options before I use it: click on the tool’s icon at the far left of the toolbar and select Reset Tool. Better yet, select Reset All Tools.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections