How can I get a copy of my license key to install my photshop?

E
Posted By
edbautista
May 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I upgrade my hard drive and tried to re-install my adobe photoshop elements and the install wizard is asking for the license key. I lost the key and all I have is the original CD. How do I get a copy of the license key to continue with the install.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RR
Raymond Robillard
May 4, 2004
Try any of these :

– Look on the back of the CD jewel case, the serial number is on a sticker – Look on the Adobe website, providing you’ve registered your copy (it’s in your Account section)
– If on Windows, run a search on this forum for serial number + windows registry, you’ll find several posts dealing with this subject.

Ray
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 4, 2004
— Photoshop Elements 2.0:
Hkey_Local_Machine/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion /Uninstall/Ad obe Photoshop Elements 2.0

— Photoshop Elements 1.0: Hkey_Local_Machine/Software/Adobe/Photoshop Elements/1.0/Registration

M
BH
Beth_Haney
May 4, 2004
OK, Windows people, there’s something about these responses I don’t understand. If this person upgraded his hard drive and had to reinstall the software, doesn’t that mean the registry maintained on the first one is gone? I would have figured all the information went bye-bye with the old drive. ???
J
jhjl1
May 4, 2004
Many people would make a text copy of the registry along with a mirror of the drive in a case like this. If the work was done by a tech they certainly should have taken these steps.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
OK, Windows people, there’s something about these responses I don’t
understand.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 4, 2004
OK, thankee. 🙂
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 4, 2004
If a user upgrades his/her computer, not necessarily. If he/she completely wipes the disk and install Windows from scratch (a.k.a. Clean install) yes, that’s exactly what happens. And, finally, if a user reinstall Windows to repair possible corruption, that’s when he/she hits the gray zone. Some data might survive, some might not.

The problem is that if you just reinstall Windows, most of the times, the link between applications and Windows itself is broken, but some of the information remains in the registry. Windows doesn’t use the same registry keys (branches) as the applications. In some cases, it simply overwrites what was already its own, and leave applications’ ones untouched. So, you might get lucky and retrieve the information.

Ray
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 4, 2004
"Upgrade" might mean "add" or "replace" rather than "reformat".
Who knows.

M

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections