CS4 blend several focus layers not too good yet?

SZ
Posted By
Steve_Zavodny
Oct 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Wow i tried the edit>auto-blend layers>stack images>seamless and yikes, my very first one showed wild posterization and multiplied highlights. Also fuzzy edge artifacts sorry to report. Also way way slower than helicon focus. I hope this isn’t a sign of inadequate engineering. Anyone?
CS4 OSX.4.11 G5

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

T
troyhark
Oct 16, 2008
I’ve used it for a while and it’s always worked fine for me. Are the images processed identically in Bridge? A varaition in image exposures could cause issues is all I can thinkof off hand.
SZ
Steve_Zavodny
Oct 16, 2008
absolutely identical.

I have been using helicon focus or months now and was hoping cs4 would be superior. I’m worried with just two trials, neither one is perfect. With helicon you get to adjust your blending method; I fear cs4 is a "one style fits all", thus iffy.
SZ
Steve_Zavodny
Oct 16, 2008
OK I just tried my third image try and it has fuzzy edges, NG. Was perfect in Helicon
J
jchien
Oct 17, 2008
Steve,

Try to align the layers first if you have not done so as the feature assumed that layers were aligned perfectly. To do so, select all layers first, then run Auto-Align on selected layers. Good luck. If you still have issues with it, I would then like to take a look at your images. Thanks!

Jeff
SZ
Steve_Zavodny
Oct 18, 2008
YES that’s the ticket thank you thank you !!
at least on first 2 tries !

DId I miss that part in the instructionals?
J
jchien
Oct 18, 2008
Let me know if the result is good enough for you. Thanks!
SZ
Steve_Zavodny
Oct 21, 2008
so far so good, 6 done now,
tho all web sized. Real test would be 7 layers at 40×30. I guess that would take about a month to process.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections