NF
Posted By
Nick_Fain
Oct 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This may be an esoteric query, but is a recurring scenario encountered in many years of pro retouching: How to desaturate (neutralize) highlights/quarter tones (without complex masking or painting)?

You can select a color range in "Hue & Sat" (i.e. "green" yellow", etc) and desat using the slider. You can also remove individual hues from "white" using the powerful "Selective Color" adjustment option. But photographic highlight areas often have "rainbow" bands of color that need to be neutralized (to appear neutral grey) This can be achieved by painting neutral grey onto a layer (set to "Color") or various similar techniques. But if "white" (and "black") where options in H&S dialog, this result could be achieved w/out painting or masking. A control merging the features of "Hue & Sat." with "Selective Color" would be a very powerful tool. (I will post this in "feature requests" but I’m guessing that someone might already have devised a work-around. (remember that the goal is to desaturate without complex masking or painting)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
J_Maloney
Oct 15, 2008
What about blend if with an h&s layer?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections