T
Posted By
TouchNova
Mar 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been working with Photoshop for about 6 years, and have never faced the problem I am now dealing with. I have a 20gig/20gig partitioned HD, with only 512Mb RAM, but otherwise very able computer. My first scratch disk has always been set to the non-booting partition, and my second scratch disk set on my boot partition. Within the last week, my scratch disks have bugged out. It doesn’t matter how I set them now; Startup, C:, D:, any task I attempt to perform gives me the error that my scratch disks are full…which isn’t true because I have about 12gigs worth for memory between the two partitions. I have attempted the various combos for the First and Second scratch disks using the available drives. Nothing works, and this had rendered my new version of CS useless. Please help.

TouchNova

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

W
weil91
Mar 7, 2004
<< any task I
attempt to perform gives me the error that my scratch disks are full…which isn’t true because I have about 12gigs worth for memory between the two partitions. I have attempted the various combos for the First and Second scratch disks using the available drives. Nothing works, and this had rendered my new version of CS useless. Please help. >>

I don’t know if I can help but I’ve had some problems with my scratch disk(s) using trial version of PS CS with mature Mac Powerbook (OS 10.2.8) that I don’t get with PS 5.5 and PSE 2 on the same machine. Scratch disk(s) bloat rather rapidly and render CS useless. May just be my machine.

Best,

Conrad
Conrad Weiler
Camp Sherman, Oregon

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections