Jan 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I am following a tutorial to create a header. It is located here:

http://www.aggropixel.com/index.php?id=35

I am at the portion where I have to use the rectangle marquee tool to create a selection (It is the 5th picture of step 4 of the tutorial.) and my selection comes out with rounded corners???
Yes I am using the rectangle marquee tool not another, I have played around with all the options I could click on to no avail. I can provide a picture of my "Rounded" rectangle marquee tool selection if someone wants to see it.

Thanks a lot

Patrick

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

A
Anthony
Jan 8, 2007
When you select the rectangle marquee tool, at the top you should see a tool options bar. On the tool options bar, there should be an option, known as "Feather". Ensure that you set the Feather to 0px.
V
varois83
Jan 8, 2007
Anthony wrote:
When you select the rectangle marquee tool, at the top you should see a tool options bar. On the tool options bar, there should be an option, known as "Feather". Ensure that you set the Feather to 0px.

Bingo!!!

Thanks Anthony, I really appreciate the help.

Patrick

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections