MS
Posted By
Michael Savage
Aug 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Many images that are all the same size. I have a quick mask on one of them which fades to white. Is there some way to copy the mask to other files instead of re-doing the mask for all of the images? (Photoshop 7)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin Walls
Aug 19, 2003
Bother! The new forum lost my response. I’ll try again:

A Quick Mask is just a way to display a selection.
All you need to do is save the selection. Then open the Channels Palette and drag the saved selection to another image. Then use Load Selection to activate it.

Have I understood your requirement correctly?
CW
Colin Walls
Aug 19, 2003
Just thought of a better way:

Just convert the QM back to a selection. Then just drag the selection to another image, holding SHIFT as you drop it.
DM
dave milbut
Aug 20, 2003
wey! = WAY!

NO EDIT IN THIS FORUM! BAD USER! BAD!!!
CW
Colin Walls
Aug 20, 2003
Dave:

I agree with your point, but that wasn’t the problem. I clicked the "Check Spelling" button and got a "Page Not Found".
P
Phosphor
Aug 20, 2003
If your working in quick mask go to the channel palette, your quick mask is stored as an alpha channel. Right-click on the channel and select duplicate channel. Under destination change document to new. Your selection will now be in a new grayscale document. You can now save this as a file for future use.

Or, instead of choosing new as the target document, you can also choose a different document (it must be open at the time). PS will transfer a copy of the alpha channel to the other document.

If your doing complicated masks sometimes it’s easier to work in an independent grayscale document first and then transfer it to an alpha channel. This way you can use things like different layer blending modes, etc.
V
viol8ion
Aug 20, 2003
wey! = WAY!

Or, does it = whey?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections