B
Posted By
BIOSMonkey
Jan 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was playing around with Indesign CS2 and Photoshop CS2 last night to experiment with advanced opentype features I had seen in an article.

Specifically, the ability for certain fonts (like Bickham Script Pro) to select alternate letter forms depending on the preceding letters.

In Indesign, this works like a champ (and is extremely cool).

However, I don’t see this working in Photoshop, even though everything I read say they should support the same advanced opentype features.

Is there a setting somewhere to turn this on, or does PS not support this particular feature?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
BIOSMonkey
Jan 7, 2007
Never mind…found the option under the character palette-> Opentype.

"Contextual alternates" must be checked for this to work.

FYI also noted that checking ‘swash’ also allows really nice alternate capitals with the Bickham Script Pro font…
BL
Bob Levine
Jan 7, 2007
That’s pretty much how it works in InDesign, too.

Bob
B
BIOSMonkey
Jan 7, 2007
That’s pretty much how it works in InDesign, too.

Yes, but for some reason Photoshop on my work system had this option turned off so I didn’t know any better :). I found that it worked by testing Photoshop on my laptop…so that’s when I started digging into the menus.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections