Posted By
Bader_Bouarki
Oct 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

I’m experience a problem since I was using Tiger OS X…

which is whenever I done a project and save it as JPEG or any format than PSD it look more whiter than it suppose to be…

then i installed Leopard and CS3.. thought the problem is gone.. but sorry to say that the problem is still…

for ur information i didn’t changed any configuration in colors or anything else.

thanks in advance..

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MR
Mark_Reynolds
Oct 12, 2008
You need to explain clearly what the problem is. One things thats certain, It has nothing to do with the operating system Leopard or Tiger.

Its most likely to be someone else using your machine and changing the RGB profiles or color settings, Edit, Color Settings- or it could be that you are viewing the images in some strange application like a web browser. If you are saying (and its not easy to understand what you ARE saying) that PSD’s after you re-open them in Photoshop seriously look different to jpegs then thats a much stranger problem.
BB
Bader_Bouarki
Oct 13, 2008
Hi Mark,

I’m sorry that i didn’t explain it so clearly…

let me tell you something, in Photoshop, when i save a file as JPEG, it’s ok there’s no problem with it, but when i save it and try to open the file with another image viewer like Preview, the Picture look brighter than it suppose to be, but if i save it as PSD it look good, nothing wrong with it…

Sorry Mark i can’t explain it more clearly than that !!
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Oct 13, 2008
Ok, some things which may help

• You need to know that other image viewers like preview are not properly color managed so they don’t display colors as accurately as photoshop – its not that the colors in your output images have CHANGED, its just that they are not displaying properly in the other viewers. This could be for a variety of reasons.

• Check two things… first of all go to system preferences and go to Displays, then choose the "color" Tab. This will show you what monitor profile you are using. Ideally you should generate your own profile for this, but just try clicking on the different profiles in these and see if this helps.

• Also in Photoshop check Edit/color settings. If you are working for print your RGB should be set to Adobe RGB 1998, if you are working for web sRGB. Also make sure all your color management policies are set to Preserve embedded Profiles.

Another point, If you are using a current Imac beware of the color on this you may find that dragging your image around the screen makes it lighter or darker – there is a huge fault with these current Apple screens.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections