Posted By
Len_Dyson
Oct 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
Using CS3 I am attempting to follow a tutorial written for Elements for converting a Photo to a Watercolour, but I get stuck when there is a step to use the menu choice "Enhance-Adjust Colour-Remove Colour" as I cannot find anywhere the "Enhance" menu, or one that seems to fit the need. Can someone point me in the right direction please.
TIA
Len

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Oct 11, 2008
Is the tutorial online?

If so, link?
R
Ram
Oct 11, 2008
Len,

This is on the same page where you added this topic:

Note: please do not post Photoshop Elements questions here. Thanks!

You’re more likely to get answers in the Elements forum. Few folks here are familiar with Elements.
LD
Len_Dyson
Oct 11, 2008
My post related to the software i am using and that IS Photoshop…. i only said that the tutorial was in Elements, and please dont shout i am not deaf.
The Tutorial is in the Mac Format Mag.
Len
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 11, 2008
Did it occur to you that many of the commands in Elements are different from those in Photoshop?

Why did you not seek out a proper Photoshop tutorial?
P
Phosphor
Oct 11, 2008
If we could see the tutoreial we might attempt a translation. A wild guess is that Image>Adjustments>Desaturate is what you are looking for, but I could be way off.
B
Buko
Oct 11, 2008
You must realize that none of us have used Elements.
LD
Len_Dyson
Oct 11, 2008
I did try to find a tutorial for photoshop but to no avail they all seemed to point to Elements but the illustration it showed was the effect i wanted to achieve.
I have not used Elements either, that might have given me the clues. I hoped that someone seeing the instruction given might have helped, with other users expert use of PS, to perhaps be able to prompt me with another direction although on first thought desaturate seems to fit the need i have reason to believe that the Enhance menu in Elements contains quite a few more commands.
I always believed that Elements was the little brother of PS, that gave me the reason for posting here, but there is more to it it seems.

Len
B
Buko
Oct 11, 2008
Well since you have not posted the tutorial its hard to help.
R
Ram
Oct 11, 2008
There is a sound reason for the admonition on this forum’s main page:

Note: please do not post Photoshop Elements questions here. Thanks!

Elements is to Photoshop what a skateboard is to a Ferrari.

No, I didn’t think you were deaf, Len, only that you might have difficulty reading smaller type.
P
Phosphor
Oct 11, 2008
It was a Photoshop question. He’s using Photoshop. The trouble is the tutorial is written for Elements.
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 11, 2008
Thanks Ed! 😉

Hey Len, give us a link!
R
Ram
Oct 11, 2008
OK, maybe I can post a Photoshop question here based on a tutorial written for SuperPaint –or maybe for MacDraw.
B
Buko
Oct 12, 2008
Sure you can but unless we can see the tutorial nobody can really help, can they?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections