JC
Posted By
Juan_Calvillo
Oct 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After losing a hard drive on my 1.67 gh Pbook w 2 gigs ram, running 10.4.11 I’m using Super Duper to back-up the drive. I’ve created a bootable back-up on a FW800 external drive. Everytime I use Super Duper to back-up the drive, it damages Photoshop CS3 which won’t launch. I have to re-install and it tells me it’s currently repairing shared components. No other apps have problems after a backup, and I don’t have any Pshop problem until I backup. I tried using Carbon Copy Cloner and got the same results, so it doesn’t appear to be the backup app. The thing that’s most confusing to me is why Pshop would be messed up on the laptop’s HD, which was being duped?

Any ideas?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Oct 10, 2008
Sounds like an activation issue within Photoshop. Call customer service (not tech support).
B
Buko
Oct 10, 2008
I’ve been using Superduper to clone my main drive to do testing and have had absolutely no problems with SD at all. And I’ve been doing this all summer. so its not the software.
RE
Ralph_Eisenberg
Oct 13, 2008
I also have done quite a few backups with SuperDuper and have not encountered any issues with CS3 either on Macs running 10.4+(PPC) or 10.5.4+(Intel).

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections