LK
Posted By
Leen_Koper
May 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After returning from a one week holiday I found a message in the mail that my panel of 12 images has been awarded with the QEP title (Qualified European Photographer)
As soon as possible I will have my webmaster add these images to my website in the order I have submitted.

Being the fifth Dutch photographer to have obtained this pretty prestigious title fills me with pride.
I am even more proud that all these images were enhanced using Photoshop Elements instead of its big brother.

BUT: I would have never been able to achieve this milestone in my personal career as a professional photographer without the help of all these magnificent people on this forum.
Thank you, Raymond, Jodi, Beth, Chris, Wendy, Grant, Robert and all the other regulars

Leen

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LK
Leen_Koper
May 1, 2004
Grant, be so kind an give Doreen a big kiss and a warm hug on my behalf.

Leen
BH
Beth_Haney
May 1, 2004
I am IMPRESSED Leen! But I also know that any contribution I made would have been limited to cheering. I sure ain’t one of the creative types on this forum, but I sincerely appreciate being included with those who are. I also looked at the newspaper article, and I echo the person who said he wishes he knew how to read Dutch. 🙂

CONGRATULATIONS!!
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 1, 2004
Leen

Mission accomplished … Unfortunately for me she said you kiss better than I do.

Grant
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 1, 2004
Leen,

What wonderful news … many congratulations to you. Can’t wait to see your images please let us know when they are on your website.

You are a star …. 🙂 🙂

Wendy
BB
brent_bertram
May 1, 2004
Leen,
That’s great news, and an accomplishment you should justly be proud of. We’re honored by your presence here.

🙂

Brent
J
jhjl1
May 1, 2004
Congratulations Leen, I know you must be excited. It’s always great to reach a goal you have set for yourself. I’m looking forward to seeing the images.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
After returning from a one week holiday I found a message in the mail
that my panel of 12 images has been awarded with the QEP title (Qualified European Photographer)
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 1, 2004
Wonderful news, Leen! Congratulations!
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 1, 2004
yippe yahoo !!! Great for you ! Congradulations Leen…you are da man !
B
bethC
May 1, 2004
Congratulations Leen!
(not surprising) Your hard work and your knowledge are being recognized. Well done. I look forward to seeing these images too.

beth
JC
Jane Carter
May 1, 2004
Congrats Leen, We all are so proud of you!
I am so happy to be in the same forum with people like you, being a beginner and having the opportunity to learn from you all, is just wonderful!
Jane
TF
Terri_Foster
May 1, 2004
Congratulations!

Terri
DS
Dick_Smith
May 1, 2004
Leen, what a homecoming you’ve had. Full page spread in the paper and now this!

Waaaaayyyy to go!

Dick
PA
Patti_Anderson
May 1, 2004
Congratulations, Leen!
SS
Susan_S.
May 1, 2004
Congratulations – and judging by the quality of the work already on your website, an award that is thoroughly deserved!

Susan S
JB
John_Burnett_(JNB)
May 2, 2004
Isn’t it nice when your hard work gets recognized? Congratulations, Leen! You are indeed a ‘cut above’.
CR
Chris_Rankin
May 2, 2004
Leen,
Gelukwensen! Goed-gedaan en goed verdiend!

I love visiting your website and looking at your images. And I’m always eager to see your comments when someone has a question . I’ve learned alot about photography from reading your comments.Again, it’s well deserved and well earned.

CR
BE
Bob_E._Warren
May 2, 2004
Leen —
Congratulations! Quite an achievement and well deserved. Bob Warren
NS
Nancy_S
May 2, 2004
Leen,

How wonderful that your photographic endeavors were recognized with such an honor, congratulations!! Your portraits are indeed superb and I am proud of you, my cyberfriend…

I am toasting you with Whiskey, cheers!

Nancy
BW
Barbara_Wayne
May 2, 2004
Leen,

Congratulations…I’m thrilled for you!! 🙂

Barb
MR
Mark_Reibman
May 2, 2004
Fantastic… Congratulations Leen!

Wish we could gather together for a real live celebration.

But I’ll have to do a toast to you from here.
R
RobertHJones
May 2, 2004
Congratulations Leen! A well deserved honor!

I’m looking forward to seeing the 12 panel images.

Bob
ML
Marilyn_Lee
May 2, 2004
Leen – Your photography is exquisite and at a level of expertise that only a few individuals can ever hope to achieve. You are certainly deserving of this award, and I am sure that there will be many more to come. Thank you for your generosity in sharing your talents with us through your pictures and your comments on the Forum.

Congratulations! Marilyn
SR
Schraven_Robert
May 2, 2004
Hiep, Hiep Hoera!

Congratulations on a recognition long overdue.

Robert
LK
Leen_Koper
May 2, 2004
I hardly know how to thank you for your reactions. It makes me feel shy and proud at the same time.

Let me tell you something about this qualification.
FEP is a European federation of National Professional Photographers Associations which is recognised by the European Institutions. A few years ago they introduced a qualification standard, the Qualified European Photographer and the Master QEP. As far as I know, until now nobody has been able to qualify for the Master qualification.

Together with a colleague I coach Dutch and Belgian professional photographers towards their international qualification in the UK and at one of these sessions I brought my panel to have it judged by my colleague. Glad I did, because he told me there was no cohesion between these images. It is extremely difficult to judge ones own "children". He was absolutely right and advised me to convert my images to black and white. I considered this to be a good idea and made them just a little sepia except for the first and the last image, where I left a red dress and a red scarf in their original tone.

In the meantime it has been extremely busy in my studio, so just only a few days before the judging in Brussels a colleague joined me to cut the mats and finish the presentation. I brought it, just only a few days before the judging, to the FEP president who fortunately happens to live in Antwerp (Belgium), about 60 miles from my home.

At the day of the judging I left home for a short break and when I came home I found the letter on the doormat of the studio, telling me the happy news.

A lot of credits go to the people on this forum. You made me aware of the power of Elements and taught me how to use it the most effective way.
Unfortunately I have a problem mailing the images to my webmaster, but as soon as this has been solved I will tell you when they are on the website.

Leen
CS
Chuck_Snyder
May 2, 2004
Leen, we are blessed individually to know you as a person and as a forum to have you share your expertise and artwork with us. Congratulations on a wonderful honor!

Chuck
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 2, 2004
Wow !!!! That’s sooo cooool !! From the first time I saw your wedding pictures, I’ve always admired your work! It’s well deserved! Congratulations!!!!

Now, Jodi, you should be next to get an award for your work 🙂 How can we help ? 🙂

Ray
JG
Julio_Guerra
May 2, 2004
Congradulations Leen. I look forward to seeing your pictures. I always have admired your work and talent.
Julio
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 2, 2004
Ray, I was not put here for fame and fortune….That is for people like Leen. My strongest work is all done behind the scenes. Sure, sometimes I think that it would be nice if I could do a little creative stuff at a monetary level. Thanks 🙂

^+^
ML
Marty Landolt
May 2, 2004
Leen, There came with your news, a bit of moisture in my eyes and lump in my throat. In the real world I would never have the opportunity to be side by side with you soooo thanks to Grant and the PSE forum for letting me into your world.
Marty
RS
Robin_Schold
May 2, 2004
Leen!

What great news. I’m so glad you are willing to share your knowledge and expertise with us. I am looking forward to seeing the portfolio on line.

Robin S
LK
Leen_Koper
May 2, 2004
Please, don’t exaggerate; I’m still human.
Although, the title of the news paper article you couldnot read because it ‘s in Dutch, read in translation: Our Lord of Schuddebeurs (small village)….

Don’t fear, I ‘m just only a look alike.
😉

Leen
CC
cal_cowen
May 3, 2004
Leen congrats and really well done

Cal
BG
Byron Gale
May 3, 2004
Leen,

Speaking for myself, it is an honor to have such an esteemed artist "rubbing elbows" with us!!

Congratulations.

Byron
LK
Leen_Koper
May 4, 2004
To everyone who might be interested: the images are on my website now.

<http://www.fotografieleenkoper.nl>

My webmaster probably thought it to be a good idea to resize them all to the same height, but "in the real world" they are all about 100 square inches. The size of the matte board, white with a black core, was 16×20"

Leen
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 4, 2004
Leen I’m an idiot. I can’t find the images….maybe if I spoke your language….under which link would I be able to find them ?
J
jhjl1
May 4, 2004
Don’t feel bad Jodi, I couldn’t find them either.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
Leen I’m an idiot. I can’t find the images….maybe if I spoke your
language….under which link would I be able to find them ?
LK
Leen_Koper
May 4, 2004
Jodi, I ‘m an idiot too, so that makes at least two on this forum. 😉

You are right, but it was there about an hour ago…

Nevertheless, photographers are used to improvising: since a few minutes there is an alternative : <http://www.bippdr.nl/>
Click on "in the spotlight" and click on the image below my name.

Leen
CR
Chris_Rankin
May 4, 2004
Very nice Leen.

CR
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 4, 2004
Wow Leen … they are beautiful.

I tried to pick a favourite but ended up with 7 favourites …

Excellent work

Wendy
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 4, 2004
Leen, I can see why you are in the spotlight…would take an idiot for a world to leave you in the dark. Congradulations !
JB
John_Burnett_(JNB)
May 4, 2004
Simply superb, Leen.
DS
Dick_Smith
May 4, 2004
John said it all, Leen.

Dick
LK
Leen_Koper
May 4, 2004
Thanks to all of you. Nevertheless, it hasn’t been a flying pass. It seems there has been quite some discussion about my images.
Nevertheless, a narrow escape is an escape too!
😉

Leen
JG
Julio_Guerra
May 4, 2004
Wow. You are the man, Leen!
Julio
SR
Schraven_Robert
May 5, 2004
Leen,

Your images look near to perfect and yet seem as if taken in a flash. Now we all know that that isn’t the case.
Could you explain to us what it took to get the pictures to this level?

Robert
LK
Leen_Koper
May 5, 2004
What it took to get to this level?
30 years of experience, wasting lots of film and attending at least 6 seminars yearly.

My main photographic education was achieved by attending seminars of the Britih Institute of Professional Photography. I travel to the UK on a pretty regular base and, next to that, I am one of the two co-founders of the Dutch Region of the BIPP. We organise at least four seminars yearly with speakers from all over Europe. Entering print competitions and attending print critiques is also a very useful way to learn.

Another source of information is surfing the internet. I check many websites and try to understand why and how the photographer has created an image that appeals to me. Pretty time consuming, but I think it pays off.

Leen
HD
Harold_Delk
May 6, 2004
Leen,

I’m not a regular here (a lurker mostly) so whilst browsing through tonight went to look at your photos. I was astounded; the quality of the images are magnificant. What really "stuck" me on your site was the haunting, "give me more" feeling that the group as a whole put forth … I just stood behind my chair and stared at the photos wishing I could see them in person. I shiver in awe … you are a rare talent. Thank you for sharing. I shall toast you with some genever … to be followed shortly by some Duvel.

Harold Delk ()
Dade City, Florida USA
surrounded at the computer by my vizslas, Meisje and Duvel
ML
Marty Landolt
May 6, 2004
Leen, I first went through lots of pictures on your site then went to the contest pictures and was delighted that my favorite was there too.
The little baby sucking on her toy …
Marty
JL
Jim Lloyd
May 6, 2004
Ummm…. Marty…. take another look. I don’t think that’s a TOY the baby is sucking on.
😉

"Marty Landolt" wrote in message
Leen, I first went through lots of pictures on your site then went to the
contest pictures and was delighted that my favorite was there too.
The little baby sucking on her toy …
Marty
LK
Leen_Koper
May 6, 2004
Harold, thanks for the nice words, but I hope my images won’t turn you into an alcoholic. 😉

Marty, it is one of my favourites too. There is just only one tiny problem with this image: quite some mothers want an image of their baby in the same way. All these images look the same and I don’t know how to light it in a different way and retain the same impact.

Anyone who wants to produce the same image: it is rather easy to copy: on an overcast day there is extremely soft light outdoors, shoot over the shoulder of the mother, make a new layer, fill with white, use the eraser at a low percentage and remove as much white as you like.

Leen

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections