BP
Posted By
Bob_Polk
May 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I realize that Hidden Power tools it not a subject for discussion here but I’m getting no response on Retouch Pro.
I recently had to restructure my CPU due to virus attacks and when I attempted to reload Hidden Power Tools I get an error message.

"Runtime Error 202 a5 000042A3"

Any suggestions?
Bob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
May 1, 2004
Send e-mail to Richard Lynch:
<http://www.hiddenelements.com/contact.html>
PC
Pat_Coggin
May 1, 2004
Good Luck Bob…I had no luck with the Retouch site or e-mail. Finally took all addon plugins off, erased and reloaded PSE2, and then loaded Hidden Power tools…Problem is that I am not clear on how to use HP tools…even though I have the book. Hard to get clear info..
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 1, 2004
Pat,

The only way I found to get to know how to use the tools was to seek out a Photoshop tutorial on the specific tool … they generally work in the same way.

Wendy
PC
Pat_Coggin
May 1, 2004
Thanks for the tip Wendy…I will get right on it.
A
andymac
May 3, 2004
Am I just simple or what? What do I have to do to apply a selection so that I can add it to a new layer etc? As a beginner to Elements2 I get the message "could not move the selection because no pixels are selected" even though the marquee is evident HELP
Andymac
BH
Beth_Haney
May 3, 2004
Well, not knowing you personally, I suppose you could be simple, but I suspect it’s more that you’re in the same trap some of us "more experienced" users fall into on occasion. 🙂 If you’re working with a layered image, it’s not too uncommon to accidentally have an adjustment layer active when you grab one of the selection tools. Make sure your background layer is active when you make your selection, and the error message will most likely go away.
JH
Jim_Hess
May 3, 2004
And, just to add to Beth’s explanation, after you have selected an area with the marquee tool, you have to copy it to the clipboard and then paste it. When you paste that image, it will create the new layer automatically. If you are not using a Windows PC, my terminology will not be correct.
RL
Richard_Lynch
May 3, 2004
Bob,
I believe I answered this question directly. I can’t do much more than put my email and website in the book :-O. The problem is you have to browse for the program folder using the browse button ( […] ) rather than just accepting the default.

Kenneth,
Thanks, sound advice.

Pat,
I would be glad to take a phone call and find out what your trouble is…you must not have contacted me. The book tools are all described in the book. If you have questions, the retouchpro.com site is the best place to get answers.

Wendy,
And what, completely ignore the book? There really is a book that goes along with the tools! Just like most people ignore Adobe’s manual, most of the time the answer is right there without additional cost or trouble. IF YOU HAVE QUESTONS; ask them on retouch pro: <http://retouchpro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=142>

There are several people (including the guy who created the tools) who frequent there and are only too glad to answer questions.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections