Mark_Reibman
May 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Highly recommmended

<http://www.atncentral.com/download.htm#Editing>

For playing an action using Lings Interface for actions. I had to load these separately within the Snap Action player to get them to work because there are two separate actions and I couldn’t get it to work bundled as ‘Menu’

If you play around with the various settings (opacity, brightnes/contrast) you will see that it has all the potential for recovery that you could dream of.

Also available as an action for PHotoshop.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SS
Susan_S.
May 1, 2004
I couldn’t get the menu to work on that one either Mark. I thought it was just me! It’s not a bad action, although I genreally prefer to use a combination of masking and curves – but that takes longer sometimes.

Susan S.
MR
Mark_Reibman
May 1, 2004
I purposely didn’t sharpen this to show it as it is with highlight shadow recovery. The level of lightness are probably a matter of taste. But I can tweak the forground and sky separately. It looks even better with 100 1.0 0 Sharpening.

<http://www.pbase.com/image/28473536>
SS
Susan_S.
May 1, 2004
Mark – I should try the action out on the original and see how it goes. I played with the action a bit when I first got it to compare it with something else, and then didn’t go back to it. The version you started with had already had the tone evened out considerably!
Susan S.
MR
Mark_Reibman
May 1, 2004
I’d be interested in trying it out on the original. Could you send it to me? I can handle a large file 2mb.
SS
Susan_S.
May 1, 2004
Mark: Because of where the tone of the mountain is in the original, I think this image benefits from more precise masking than the action uses (if you start from the original!). It would work well I think with other images – I often use a luminosity based selection followed by levels for quick and dirty tone evening up, and this action has a similar effect.
Susan S.

Edit: If you want the original I can send it. I think it’ s below 2mb

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections