JT
Posted By
Johanna_Troupe
Jan 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am creating a multiple file pdf document for e-mailing purposes. I have a page that has text and images on it. There are some text layers that have font that has not been altered (i.e. tracking and leading) and others that have.
When I save the psd file as a pdf file with the following options: General:
-Adobe PDF Preset: Smallest File Size
-Standard: None
-Compatibality: Acrobat 7
-Options-: Deselected all options

Compression:
-Bicubic Downsampling to 100 ppi for images above 150 ppi -Compression: JPEG
-Image Quality: Low
-Convert 16 bit to 8 bit selected

The text that has not been altered is not pixelated at all, but the text that has been altered is extremely pixelated.

I need to know what I am doing wrong as I need the text to look the same across the board. Preferabbly all unpixelated.

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SF
Scott_Falkner
Jan 4, 2007
Some of the alterations require the text to be rasterized in the PDF, some don’t. If you can add the text in InDesign instead I recommend that, and exporting a multi-page PDF from InDesign.
PD
Paul_D._Ferguson
Jan 5, 2007
It sounds like you have rasterized some of your text layers in your source PSD document. Text layers that have not been rasterized should always appear crisp (not pixelated).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections