peterpica
Oct 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a fantastic pix of my daughter’s two goldens — see

<http://home.comcast.net/~peterpica/goldens.jpg>

Is there any easy way of getting rid of the "golden eye" problem?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Oct 6, 2008
use the redeye tool?
P
peterpica
Oct 6, 2008
BUKO:

Tried that… all it does is put a "black-eye" cast around the dog’s eye.
B
Buko
Oct 6, 2008
how about doing the way we corrected for it before the red eye tool. Select the eye and color correct it to look normal.
JM
J_Maloney
Oct 6, 2008
I’d do a search for "dog eye" on Google for inspiration.

The below was done by picking a brown not burned out by the retina reflection. Use a large brush on a new layer and paint that brown (make the blend mode color to kill off the red, then dupe the layer and make it normal to fill brown). Then on the inside of that (in a new layer), with a smaller brush, paint black. Then I copy merged and used liquify to pucker the new eyes a bit. Then paint a catch light with white. It ain’t going to fool anyone at 10 x 8, that’s for sure.

What you probably need to do then is create an environment reflection. Use a pic of the room behind the camera, flip, make it screen mode, spherize and drop it in? There’s no wetness to my eyes.

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1MAFyBlxxbA99pQcKz q0izg4Y3Kn>
P
peterpica
Oct 6, 2008
j maloney:

Wow! You ought to be an artist!

Any chance you have that procedure saved as an action?

;-))))
R
Ram
Oct 6, 2008
Use the sponge tool to desaturate the pupil, then darken either with the burn/dodge tool or paint with a brush.

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1mEAuo73eEpBrVNQKQ mGVFK6jkfjvi>
R
Ram
Oct 6, 2008
Sorry, JM. That looks like you stuck two chestnuts in the eye sockets of both dogs. :/
P
peterpica
Oct 6, 2008
Ramon:

Are you for hire?

I’ve a higher res version that’s begging for a fix.

;0
JM
J_Maloney
Oct 6, 2008
Chesnuts? Don’t hold back RamΓ³n. πŸ˜€
R
Ram
Oct 6, 2008
@ Peterpica:

D LOL !

Thanks for the compliment, but I’m permanently disabled, therefore no, I’m not "for hire". ")
R
Ram
Oct 6, 2008
JM,

Chestnuts are what came to mind. I’m not holding back, I’m a huge chestnut fan. πŸ™‚
P
peterpica
Oct 6, 2008
Thanks all for hints & tips.

I did what (for me) is an adequate job; see

<http://home.comcast.net/~peterpica/goldens2.jpg>

Printed pix off my HP is mobetta 1000%

Thanks again!
JM
J_Maloney
Oct 6, 2008
Looks pretty good, peter. Any hints on how you did it?
P
peterpica
Oct 6, 2008
Now don’t go asking those kinds of questions to a 66-year-old retired fart!

I can’t remember what day it is, let alone what I did 5 minutes ago.

Actually, I had another picture of the dogs, one of which was looking slightly away from the camera, so I was able to get "1/2 of his eye" without any glare. I copied this side, reversed the direction and combined with the original to make one fairly good eye. Then I pasted that composite eye into the four regular eyes and made opacity and density adjustments, while blending with a 20% erasure brush into what was there originally. Heavied up the pupils with the burn tool.

If you asked me to do it again, I’d fall asleep I think.

;-?
R
Ram
Oct 7, 2008
Peterpica,

"1/2 of his eye"

That explain why the iris is discontinuous. πŸ˜€
L
Lundberg02
Oct 7, 2008
Now the dogs have red eye.
P
peterpica
Oct 8, 2008
lund: Great eyes on your part! Desaturated and I think they’re fine now.

Thanks again.

<http://home.comcast.net/~peterpica/goldens3.jpg>
R
Ram
Oct 8, 2008
Peterpica,

That’s a little better, but the iris in both eyes of the younger dog (on the left-hand side of the image) are still discontinuous (broken at the bottom). This is also the case with the older dog, but less apparent.
L
Lundberg02
Oct 9, 2008
Yeah, at first glance, not many would see it maybe, but it is pretty obvious. Clone it out.
R
Ram
Oct 9, 2008
I saw it right away.
R
Ram
Oct 10, 2008
That’s a significant improvement. Now correct the color of the iris. Looks like bubble gum now. πŸ˜‰
TD
Tom_Driver
Oct 10, 2008
Red eye usually only affects the red channel, so have a look on the green and blue channels for some good pixels, and then copy and paste them in to ‘repair’ the red channel.

This can sometimes be very quick to do and repairs the image so you get the real eyes restored to how they should be.
P
peterpica
Oct 10, 2008
RamΓ³n:

What kind of monitor do you have? Reason I ask is because they’re virtually perfect on mine. My wife & daughter agree.

????
R
Ram
Oct 10, 2008
Watched it on three different monitors, although most likely uncalibrated ones, as I’m away from home for an extended period of time,

Vue the eyes at substantial magnifications, say 400% or more.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections