S
Posted By
Sam85
Oct 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Over the last two days I’m having major problems with crop tool in PS3. When I crop an image it reduces the size to 1 pixel by 1 pixel. If I try to change image size, I get a blank box–nothing inside. IF, however, I crop in iPhoto (a creaky and annoying process) and THEN edit, then it works fine. No other freqently used editing tools appear to be affected.

I recently upgraded to iPhoto 8 and OSX Leopard 10.5.5 in Mac–never had issues of this nature prior to Friday. Ideas, anyone?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Oct 6, 2008
Sam,

Not only are you hijacking a totally unrelated thread but also burying your question where few people will find it.

By all means feel free to start a new thread next time if you don’t find a relevant one.

This is a common question that has been discussed to death in existing threads already. Do a forum search on "crop tool".
R
Ram
Oct 6, 2008
For instance:

progress, "Cropping – Can only be 1 pixel" #11, 12 Sep 2008 3:25 am </webx?14/10>
S
Sam85
Oct 6, 2008
I found a reference in another forum to going to the "options" bar and clicking "clear"–that fixed the problem. Thanks!
EO
Eric_Onasick
Oct 9, 2008
The 1px was pre-set in the Crop width field when I installed PS CS3 for the first time on Leopard. As jean p has said many times, simply clear the crop tool and you are in business.
A
andrewll
Jan 22, 2009
good advice

thanks a lot – sorted our problem right away

not sure how the crop got down to 1 pixel in the first place, but never mind

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections