KU
Posted By
Keith_Urban
Jan 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way to change linking layers back to the old UI the way it was in CS1?

Linking layers is now a 2 step process and you have to hold down a key to do it.

This is ridiculous. This is a step backwards in useability.

I only used to use the mouse and quicky select and select scrolling in a split second.

I can’t in CS2 or CS3 beta for for some reason.
My work flow slows down by 50%.
Very frustrating!!!!

I liked it better when each layer had it’s own link/lock layer located to right side of each "eye" icon.

There is no way I’m buying an upgrade for CS3.
I thought they would had enough people complain about this and put it back they way it was. This should also be an option as a preference in layers and it is not.

This was a poorly engineered design.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
Keith…

Here’s something you need to understand, regardless of anything else I have said to you.

Post ONE question, ONE time in the proper forum. Ask your question clearly, with accurate information about what you want to do, and what you’ve already tried to make it happen. Your question WILL be answered.

Are you a Maccer? Or a Windozer?

Pick the proper forum and stick to it. And don’t cross post the same question in multiple forums. It makes the regulars here a wee bit steamy under the collar.

Or, do you want me to order 5000 smoked turkey-n-swiss sammiches? Then you’D be in HUGE trouble, trying to fill that order.

If Phos ain’t fed, ain’t nobody gonna be happy, ya dig!?

XD
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 4, 2007
Any change in the interface will slow your work until you get used to it.

Once you are used to the new way of linking layers you won’t notice the difference in your high-speed "work flow", because you won’t be having to think about it.

PS: More haste, less speed!
P
PeterK.
Jan 4, 2007
This new linking has been discussed at length. Most people had a problem with it, mainly because it involves extra mouse clicks and extra keyboard presses, which take more time and aren’t nearly as quick and easy as click-swiping. Add to that, the fact that the space within the layer name is still there to display a lock icon, makes Adobe’s choice to remove the more efficient method even more mind-boggling.
edit-I can’t believe they didn’t re-integrate the older, quicker linking method in pscs3!
K
Keith28
Jan 4, 2007
Thanks for your support Peter

Is there any way we can pass this messege along to a product manager or executive engneer?

It really needs to be added as a layer preference.
JO
Jim_Oblak
Jan 4, 2007
Is there any way we can pass this messege along to a product manager or executive engneer?

Yes.

Tell them what you think <http://www.adobe.com/support/feature.html>.
K
Keith28
Jan 5, 2007
Thank you Jim
I really appreciate it.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections