EK
Posted By
Earl_K
Apr 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can I install both Photoshop Elements and Photoshop without conflicts? Can they be installed on different drives?

Earl

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Apr 30, 2004
Earl, answer to the first question is definitely yes. Not sure about the second, but I don’t see why not.
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 30, 2004
I have Photoshop 7 and Elements on the same drive and Photoshop CS on my secondary drive. They both work fine.

Dick
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 30, 2004
I run PSE 2 and CS on the same drive without a problem.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 30, 2004
Same as Beth. You can have both open at once and switch an image back and forth as long as you close it in between.
PD
Pete_D
Apr 30, 2004
Yesterday I was helping someone that had P7 and PE2 on their (XP) computer and was able to open both programs at the same time.

But I am not able to open PE1 and PE2 at the same time on my (XP) computer?

Pete
PD
Pete_D
Apr 30, 2004
Add on: That was the first time I had looked at P7; There were no shortcut icons across the top under the menu bar? Is that normal? Seemed to function OK otherwise.

Pete
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 30, 2004
Yep, no icons.

And, in Photoshop CS, you can customize the shortcuts, and create new ones for just about everything. So, no icons, and billions of shortcuts. "Keyboarders" paradise ๐Ÿ™‚

Ray
PD
Pete_D
Apr 30, 2004
Thanks Ray. Maybe I should not have looked at 7 because now I want it.

Pete
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 30, 2004
Gee, I hate to make you feel bad, Pete, but I can have both PSE 1 and PSE 2 open at the same time on my Mac. ๐Ÿ™‚

And drool over CS, not PSE 7. Dang all this talk of CS is making me want to go and play and I can’t!!
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 30, 2004
Photoshop CS is really worth it, especially from PSE2 to PCS. PSE2 to PS7 as well, but there are more "desirable" features in PCS then in PS7. My 2ยข…

Ray
PD
Pete_D
Apr 30, 2004
Ray, I am just like that dog that chases a car down the road; What would I do if I get it? But I can’t stop wanting ๐Ÿ™‚

Beth, I felt bad twice when I tried to open both ๐Ÿ™

Once was a year ago when I went to PE2 and yesterday when I tried again for yucks. Like you I use PE1 just to check on features when a question is asked here. So I guess I won’t join the Mac club so I can open both ๐Ÿ™‚

Pete
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 30, 2004
Pete, probably like a dog that gets his ball, play with it !!

Seriously, the filter gallery is such a nice feature! You can add multiple filters in one place. Camera Raw is also very handy (if you happen to have a camera that shoots in this format). There’s also the ability to match the exposure of different pictures (which, in returns, ease the making of panoramas). Exposure isn’t the right word, but it’s kind of like that (contrast, color tint, etc.). And this is just the beginning.

From PSE to PS, actions are always a hit. Layer styles as well. And the list could go on and on… Download a demo of PCS, you’ll see what you’re missing.

Ray "the little devil" ๐Ÿ™‚
DN
DS_Nelson
Apr 30, 2004
The shadow/highlight feature in CS is amazing. It salvaged a picture I took last winter of a black dog against a background of snow. That’s one of the most difficult lighting situations you will ever encounter.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 30, 2004
Camera Raw is also very handy (if you happen to have a camera that shoots in this format)

Well, I have to say that for my minolta, I really don’t like the adobe camera raw plug-in much. But there are lots of other cool features in CS, like the ability to scan a group of photos at once and automatically have it cut them apart and crop and straighten them.

Of course, hopefully at least a few of these features will make it into PE 3, whenever that rolls out.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections