P
Posted By
peter
Mar 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am about to have to exchange my monitor.
What is exactly the reason that TFT monitors are not the ideal choice for working with photo msnsgement (Adobe photoshop)?
I have latelt seen a professional screen by LACIE and it looked really good to me, but I can not oversee the disadvantages.
Thanks for any given advice, – Peter –

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DD
Duncan Donald
Mar 6, 2004
I dumped a Cornerstone 21" monitor for a TFT Phillips and haven’t looked back.
I don’t have to warry about drifting colour or one day get back a bunch of prints that are so off as to be useless because the monitor took a shift when the power supply droped 5 volts for a day.
Sony and Hitachi have stopped making CRT monitors. These were the top Jap monitors so what does that tell you?
Douglas

"Peter Keller" wrote in message
What is exactly the reason that TFT monitors are not the ideal choice for working with photo msnsgement (Adobe photoshop)?
I have latelt seen a professional screen by LACIE and it looked really good to me, but I can not oversee the disadvantages.
MH
Mark Herring
Mar 6, 2004
On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 06:48:30 +0100, Peter Keller
wrote:

Older flat panels have significant color change with angle and are disastrous for picture editing.

I think that there is a big difference between LCD, TFT, and ??.

Bottom line: If it works, its OK—look at some monitors in stores and judge for yourself.

I just got a Dell 20" in the office—I dont know if it is TFT, but it looks like it might be very good for Photoshop.
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections