Posted By
Mark_Forman
Jan 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
OK…

The band just released our debut CD; & I created a really nice One-Sheet in Illustrator 10 (a One-Sheet being an 8.5 X 11 promotional press release for an album…containing band bio, release & contact info, gigs, assorted graphics, etc., etc.)

I saved it for the web (as a .jpg), opened it in Photoshop (6) & saved it as a .pdf (I did it this way to retain the resolution (300 ppi) but reduce the file size…when I save it as a .pdf directly from Illustrator…it’s 34 MB in size. Using the above method, it’s only 2.8.)

Anyway…forgetting creation method for a moment…the problem is:

If you go to any decent music distributor’s website; & click on any artist’s One-Sheet link…the file save/open dialog comes up; & if "open" is chosen, the .pdf opens in Adobe Reader (like it’s supposed to.)

With ours…it opens right away…in some sort of Internet Explorer, Adobe Reader interface.

How do I configure (or code) our .pdf to open in Adobe Reader (solely)?

Thanks,

mark4man

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bernie
Jan 1, 2007
Save as a PDF straight from Illustrator.

not only is going to PS a waste of time, it rasterizes everything and makes the file larger.
BL
Bob Levine
Jan 1, 2007
When you save the PDF from Illy, uncheck the Illustrator editing capability. Make sure to save an AI file first.

Bob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections