NP
Posted By
Navarro_Parker
Sep 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I haven’t read anything about this — but what is the free upgrade grace period for CS4?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Sep 29, 2008
No offense personally, Navarro…but I have to wonder what everyone’s in such an all-fired hurry about?

We all waited this long…what’s another month or so?

πŸ™‚
B
Buko
Sep 29, 2008
Call customer service.

But in the past if you buy the latest version before the new version is shipped you will get the new version. This is handy if you skipped a version.
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Sep 29, 2008
Well I just picked up CS2 for $150 several months ago. I was going to get CS3 for an additional $199. I guess I should hold off and just wait for CS4 which cost the same as CS3.

Any performance reports running CS4 on a G5 1.8ghz iMac with 2gigs ram and OS 10.4.11? This does meet minimum hardware and OS requirements.

Oh what the heck I’m not in a big hurry or have a dire need for speed anyway. Besides Photoshop is such a fun toy to play with.

It’ll be worth it for me to get the newer version of ACR 5 for all its added features.
B
Buko
Sep 29, 2008
But if you upgrade now you should be able to get both.
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Sep 29, 2008
I know, Buko.

But I’m afraid of install fatigue.

Good grief! I’ll have four versions of Photoshop on my HD- PS 7, CS2, CS3, CS4.

Quite a collection.
B
Buko
Sep 29, 2008
I have 6 versions 6,7, CS, CS2, CS3, CS4
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Sep 29, 2008
On your HD or all together?

mmh, I may have you beat if I get both. Altogether I would have PS4, PS5, PS7, CS2, CS3, CS4.

I think I’m due for a trade-in coupon or customer appreciation award at least. πŸ˜‰
R
Ram
Sep 29, 2008
I have all versions since 5.x, but I only keep 7.0.1, 8, 9.0.2 and 10.0.1 installed on my machine.

To run two versions simultaneously, just launch the older one first. It helps to make sure that the primary scratch disks are on different volumes. (Actually, I once launched three versions simultaneously, just to see if it was possible. It was.)

Whether I get 11.x will depend entirely on the strengths of future ACR enhancements.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Sep 30, 2008
Got you all beat.. every version since 2.0.7 installed on one system or another… what’d I win???
B
Buko
Sep 30, 2008
I have 6 versions on one HD I have all versions since 2.5.1 somewhere.
B
Buko
Sep 30, 2008
you get a big thumbs up from me!
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 30, 2008
Got you all beat…I’ve got Dageurrotypeshop v1.0…

Neil
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 30, 2008
In the original velvet-lined case with the reflective backing?
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 30, 2008
Absolutely! And it came bundled with a head clamp and a coupon for 10% off your choice of fainting couches.

Neil
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 30, 2008
πŸ™‚
JS
Jeff_Schewe
Sep 30, 2008
Got you all beat.. every version since 2.0.7 installed on one system or another… what’d I win???

Well, I’ve got every version since .Photoshop 87 (Barny Scan version)…I also have Thomas Knoll’s original Photoshop precursor called Display (although I’ve never been able to actually open anything with itΒ–even Thomas couldn’t figure out how).

So, Display, .87, 1.0, 2.01, 2.5, 3.01, 4, 5, 5.5, 6., 7, CS, CS2, CS3 and CS4 (well, that last one is still beta :~)

I can still launch Photoshop 1.0 in 10.4.11. Nothing earlier than CS will launch in Leopard.

So, what that get me?

;~)
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Sep 30, 2008
Jeff,

I ticket to the Antiques Roadshow. πŸ˜‰

I wonder if software collections appreciate in value at some point. Man that Barny Scan ought to fetch a pretty good price by now.
RR
Richard_Rose
Sep 30, 2008
Yeah,

Well, I’ve got Camera Obscura, versions ii up through the final XXVII with Leonardo Da Vinci’s original charcoal tracings of images in Florence. Version XV.i was the first to support resizing and skewing by simply moving the tracing table to or from the pinhole opening in the side wall of the room.

Talk about technical breakthroughs, it supported RGB and CMYK out of the box from the first. But the images were kinda dim and it only worked in the daytime. Unlimited resolution, though.

On cloudy days it sucked, but the "dark room" could be used for other "activities" then.

Rich
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 30, 2008
Well, I’ve got Camera Obscura…

<lol!>

Sure has my Daguerrotypeshop beat! And I like its built-in analog method of file transfer and flat file storage system!

Neil
NP
Navarro_Parker
Sep 30, 2008
You guys need help! πŸ˜‰
P
Phosphor
Sep 30, 2008
SunPrint Express! Started using that in about ’63 or ’64.

The UI is simple, but it’s a little limited.

(That’s just the poor-artist-blaming-his-tools in me talking).

πŸ™‚
B
Buko
Sep 30, 2008
I have a copy of Cavewall shop with the new Pigment RAW feature.
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 30, 2008
But do you have the Lascaux plug-in? And not the wimpy LE version!

….boy do we know how to wander off-topic!

Neil
B
Buko
Sep 30, 2008
Yes and I also have the Dan yr Ogo.plugin. These were quite expensive at the time costing about 199 clams and 50 wolfs teeth each
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 30, 2008
I assume that you meant Dan-yr-Ogof, of course, with the original Welsh instructions. And you realize you got it at edu pricing, which had a low ceiling on its upgrade.

Neil
B
Buko
Sep 30, 2008

B)
SW
Scott_Weichert
Sep 30, 2008
I still beat Jeff.. I’ve got a #2 pencil sitting right here!! Woo-hoo! πŸ™‚
JS
Jeff_Schewe
Oct 1, 2008
I still beat Jeff.. I’ve got a #2 pencil sitting right here!!

Oh yeah? Well, I’ve got a #1, #1, #3 pencil and I even have several mechanical pencils as well as a whole set of colored pencils too (I hardy EVER use pencils anymore though).

:~)
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 1, 2008
Jeff,

I recently found a #0.7 Eberhard Faber beta I’m willing to part with. It predates the ferrule-mounted eraser plug-in development; so no delete file option. But it can do unlimited manual backups. What’s it worth to you?

Neil
P
Phosphor
Oct 1, 2008
Ain’t hardly nuthin’ beats a sunny day, a big box of Prismacolors, some bristol board and a comfy place to sit.

Add a good bottle of wine or two, maybe some favorite tunes, and it’s a dang near perfect day.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Oct 1, 2008
crayons are my favorite that i like to feed to my dog.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Oct 1, 2008
Oh, I still live by my Koh-i-Nor Rapidodraw and Ticonderoga pencils, Damn that Jeff. He’s just unstoppable!
B
Buko
Oct 1, 2008
Memories of Crayola.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections