TM
Posted By
T_MAC
Apr 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use PSE2 to prep photos for import into my video editing system. I have been trying to cut out an image so it will have a transparent background and save it as a 32 bit Targa image which is the file type video editors use to superimpose an image over a video background.
My problem is, when I try to save an image as a 32 bit Targa, PSE2 tells me that it must save this file as a copy with this selection, (selection meaning 32 bit Targa I assume). And when I do save it and import it to my editor, the image I cut out still has a white background around it.
Any video editors out there who use PSE2 have any input on this matter? Does PSE2 really support 32 bit Targa files?

Thanks in advance!

T MAC

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PD
Pete_D
Apr 28, 2004
T MAC,

First in the layers palette click on the "lock" to make it a normal layer.

Then delete your background and the transparency will be there.

When saving as Targa (I don’t use that but it is the same when working with a PSD and saving as jpg) it will save as a copy by default so your original image is still there.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections