Posted By
Alberto_J._Rodriguez
Apr 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings!
I have PE2. Use XP. The manual included is not as user friendly as I wished. Is there any other source out there? Sometimes I have to switch to Roxio’s Photosuite 7 to complete a project.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CR
Chris_Rankin
Apr 28, 2004
Alberto,
There are a number of good books that have been published about Elements. If you do a search in the threads you should be able to find alot of suggestions. Another good source if you have a specific question is this Forum.

CR
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Apr 28, 2004
Alberto,
There are many books available, but for someone starting out with this program, I recommend the following: Photoshop Elements Solutions by Mikkel Aaland. I have no commercial connection with the author or the publisher. I went through the book chapter by chapter, took notes, tried out the exercises, and refer to it to this day. The illustrations are excellent and the book is not full of errors.
Ken
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 28, 2004
Alberto,

I found that the best way of learning was to try out a tutorial … then when I got stuck ask lots of questions. People on this forum answer questions very quickly and there is always someone ready to help.

For tutorials try:

<http://www.arraich.com/elements/psE_intro.htm>

Wendy
RM
Ron_Minler
Apr 28, 2004
Sams Teach Yourself Photoshop Elements 2 in 24 Hours
by Carla Rose (Author)
TF
Terri_Foster
Apr 29, 2004
Another good absolute beginners book is Teach yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 2. I liked it because it uses screenshots and little mini exercises to teach. To me, this book made learning the basics easy. I would also recommend using the website Wendy mentions in post 3.

Terri

Terri
IH
Ingrid_Halvorsen
Apr 30, 2004
I liked The Digital Photographer’s Photoshop Elements by Barry Beckham, and Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 One Click WOW that comes with a lot of gorgeous presets. It’s by Jack Davis.

There are thousands (!) of tutorials for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements online, just do a Google search. Many of the tutorials for the full Photoshop will work equally well with Elements 2.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections