LH
Posted By
Laura_Hunter
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
First of all, thanks to all who responded. I am now able to resize and print all the names that I needed. I took these team photos in our gym. I need to fix the background because we had put up a white sheet that did not totally cover the wall. I would like to make the background a solid color so that everything blends. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Laura

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SR
Schraven_Robert
Apr 28, 2004
Laura,

copy the original into a new layer. Then use the magic wand tool to select the background. You may have to click a few more times in case the background is not of consistent colour.
Reverse selection. You now have everything selected except the background and copy this into a new layer.
Then select layer styles and if I am not mistaken you will find that you have created a new background consisting of one colour.

Robert

PS: not sure if it is called layer styles
LH
Laura_Hunter
Apr 28, 2004
Deaar Robert:

I am going to try this right now. Thanks for all your help.

Laura
SR
Schraven_Robert
Apr 28, 2004
Laura,

I double checked. You should not go to layer styles but should go to new fill layer and then choose solid colour. That way you will get a new layer with a monochrome colour as your background. You can play with opacity to vary the intensity of the colour.

Robert
TF
Terri_Foster
Apr 29, 2004
Laura,

I have an idea along Robert Shraven’s lines. What if instead of using the color fill you use the pattern fill. I’m thinking if you have a nice picture say of a park or beach you could take your marquee tool select the whole picture. Go to edit<define pattern. Next select out the background of the team photo as you and Robert were discussing only use pattern fill instead of color fill. Note: You can use the slider to scale the pattern fill. This may not be something you want to do but thought the more ideas the merrier.

Terri

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections