BB
Posted By
Broons Bane
Dec 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m quite the newbie and have read the help files and postings but am still struggling. I want to "remove" a double chin by painting it with the skin tone of the neck. My problem is with the clone tool, it seems to base its cloning on the cross hair position. But the cross hair is quite far away from the point of cloning and thus it starts picking up colour from the top of the shirt, etc. Hope I’m clear, any suggestions?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Dec 28, 2006
"Broons Bane" wrote in message
I’m quite the newbie and have read the help files and postings but am still struggling. I want to "remove" a double chin by painting it with the skin tone of the neck. My problem is with the clone tool, it seems to base its cloning on the cross hair position. But the cross hair is quite far away from the point of cloning and thus it starts picking up colour from the top of the shirt, etc. Hope I’m clear, any suggestions?
You choose the selection point by alt+clicking with the mouse on the area you want to copy from.
As a "newbie", are you working on a copy of the layer? You should be, if anything was to go wrong you still have your original.
I find the healing brush or patch tool are better tools for "removing" double chins, crow’s feet, wrinkles, etc., Working on a copied layer, you can remove them in their entirety, making the image look a little unnatural; you then reduce the opacity of this layer to suit, allowing some of the underlying detail to come through.

HTH
MH

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections